Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba in General

Aruba in General All general questions about Aruba.

Old Saturday, September 11th, 2010, 09:30 AM

JudynDave is on a distinguished road
Default Arriving 9/12, how's the weather looking?

Looking at the weather from here is the States, looks like this next week in Aruba is rain. Anyone local got a more accurate forcast?
We are arriving tomorrow 9/12 for 10 days. Weather is usually pretty good this time of year.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Saturday, September 11th, 2010, 09:46 AM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Arriving 9/12, how's the weather looking?

never read the weather from the states. it has never matched yet in the 20 years i've traveled to aruba. use this link instead:

Meteorological service of the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba

also remember that showing rain on aruba during the summer rarely means more than a passing shower somewhere on the island.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudynDave View Post
Looking at the weather from here is the States, looks like this next week in Aruba is rain. Anyone local got a more accurate forcast?
We are arriving tomorrow 9/12 for 10 days. Weather is usually pretty good this time of year.
Old Saturday, September 11th, 2010, 08:55 PM

JudynDave is on a distinguished road

Thank you.
Old Saturday, September 11th, 2010, 11:28 PM

amarg is on a distinguished road

I checked out the link too. Thank you! It says 33 degrees and as a Canadian I'm glad it's in Celsius. That's temperature that's similar to here in Toronto in summer. We range from 29-38 and with humidex, sometimes over 40. Is there a lot of humidity in Aruba? How long does the rain last and do we need to pack umbrellas, rain coats or ponchos?
Old Sunday, September 12th, 2010, 07:14 AM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road

i've been to aruba 23 times usually in either may or august. i have never used a raincoat, umbrella, or poncho.

quick story-3rd year in aruba but first at costa linda. hubby went diving and i was under a palapa on the beach. thunder, lightning, and a sudden downpour and i grabbed everything running back to the room worrying about hubby and wondering why it was raining on a desert island. by the time i got back to the room (approximately 5 minutes because i had to wait for the elevator) and walked out on the balcony, the sun was out. the rain had never reached where they were diving which was about 2 miles from my location.

move foward about 15 years. at amsterdam manor in the water. newbies are in the water with us talking and clouds form. they panic-it can't be raining on their honeymoon, lol. i told them not to waste their time getting out of the water as the first drops fell. two minutes later the 'downpour' ended. we laughed, they laughed and the rest of the week was dry.

we have actually seen a downpour that lasted as much as 30-40 minute a few times. just delay your travels out of shelter or stay under the palapa (you are in bathing suits anyway, right?) and relax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarg View Post
I checked out the link too. Thank you! It says 33 degrees and as a Canadian I'm glad it's in Celsius. That's temperature that's similar to here in Toronto in summer. We range from 29-38• and with humidex, sometimes over 40. Is there a lot of humidity in Aruba? How long does the rain last and do we need to pack umbrellas, rain coats or ponchos?
Old Sunday, September 12th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Aruba Expert

JohnJT is on a distinguished road

It rained some during the night last night. Things were wet this morning, but we never heard it. We were told it also rained some during the night...Friday into Saturday. Today, bright, sunny and warm. Around noon, there was some thunder in the distance, but it did not and has not rained.
Old Sunday, September 12th, 2010, 05:49 PM

iamromo is on a distinguished road

In 10 trips to Aruba (basically 70 days), we have only had 2 really rainy days and maybe 3 or 4 when it was mostly cloudy. Most of those days came this year when my son and his faimly came with us for the first time. He kept saying "how come all your pictures over the years never showed a cloudy or rainy day and things changed now that we are here?"
Old Tuesday, September 14th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Aruba Expert

JohnJT is on a distinguished road

The weather in Aruba this week is strange and different than we have had in the past.
In addition to rain Saturday (middle of the night), there have been strong thunderstorms on Sunday and Monday, but again after midnight in the middle of the night. I don't think we have had rain on 3 consecutive days in over 20 years. The days have been mostly sunny, less breezy, so rain and thunderstorms at night have not really affected us. The breeze seems to have returned today.