Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba in General

Aruba in General All general questions about Aruba.

Old Wednesday, May 16th, 2012, 07:48 PM

sbatjc is on a distinguished road
Default whats new...

So excited!!! We had been going to aruba every 9 months for 8 years strait until our last trip 3 years ago...Financially we were unable to go but NOW we are heading in July!!! We are crazy excited to be heading home!!! Just curious (if this question is even answerable) What has changed in the past 3 years?? I saw there is a 5 guys there?? Just so excited to get back and wanted to be filled in if possible thanks so much!!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Friday, June 8th, 2012, 11:04 PM

johntheott is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: whats new...

I don't blame you for your excitement, sbatjc! (I hope I spelled that right!!) We usually manage to get there once a year with a few exceptions. I don't know whether you'll find many changes in three years. There's been the usual churning of restaurants with some new ones opening and others closing but the old favorites are still around. God knows, there have been a lot of changes since we first went in 1993, not all for the better IMHO!!

It's kind of academic to us since we go to the Divi and don't explore much any more. It's too bad that no one has replied to your note to share in your excitement. I'm familiar with the feeling! IT'S DONE!! We're booked!! It may be two weeks or six months away but the feeling is the same!! Good luck and know that we share it!!

"Don't look back, What ever is chasing you may be catching up!"

Satchel Paige
Old Saturday, June 9th, 2012, 04:31 AM
Almost Aruban

pgsoder is on a distinguished road
Default Re: whats new...

sbat, I feel your excitement!!!! Even though there are changes on the island, it is still ARUBA. The only place on earth we have ever been to that while there, we totally "relax". Not a care in the world. Have never quite figured that out, but it happens every time.
Whenever we go, we begin to "plan" our next trip there. Always, always planning that "next" one.
In July while you are there, do try "The Kitchen" restaurant. You won't be disappointed. Found this gem in Feb./Mar. with a friend, then in Apr./May took 5 friends here for dinner and we ended up going back it was so great. The service was good, the menu, huge, the prices, right and the quantity and quality of food, top notch. It is located down in the Certified Foods mall area, close to Ling and Sons. We took taxi's!!!!
Anyway, have yourself a wonderful time in paradise!!!!