Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba in General

Aruba in General All general questions about Aruba.

Old Wednesday, September 2nd, 2009, 01:40 PM

Monty is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Best Deals In Aruba--Watapana

Countdown started, 32 days Yes, We will be back in Aruba. My wife and myself have been away for three long years.

I am trying to catch up on whether some of my favorite activity's still are on,
one was the Aruba gastronomic Association's Wednesday Flea market and Restaurant sampling. It was held in the large drive beside the Hyatt. Vendors and 5 or 6 restaurants would set up booths to give a carnival like atmosphere.
There would be live music and sometimes a dance group. I believe it was called Watapana. If i spelled it correct, do they still do this?

Also if you know of any best deals for activities, please let us know. I can't wait to re-establish acquaintances and fellowships
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Wednesday, September 2nd, 2009, 09:42 PM

TomR is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Best Deals In Aruba--Watapana

I could be wrong but I think this was discontinued a few years ago, maybe 4 or 5. Went a couple of times in June and it was fun.
Old Wednesday, September 16th, 2009, 12:51 PM

merishka is on a distinguished road

I believe I have read that title "Watapana" in brochures while in Aruba. Seems like a couple of years since I've read it but I'm not sure. That sounds fun and convenient. I myself would like to know it it still takes place. Hope to get some response!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty View Post
Countdown started, 32 days Yes, We will be back in Aruba. My wife and myself have been away for three long years.

I am trying to catch up on whether some of my favorite activity's still are on,
one was the Aruba gastronomic Association's Wednesday Flea market and Restaurant sampling. It was held in the large drive beside the Hyatt. Vendors and 5 or 6 restaurants would set up booths to give a carnival like atmosphere.
There would be live music and sometimes a dance group. I believe it was called Watapana. If i spelled it correct, do they still do this?

Also if you know of any best deals for activities, please let us know. I can't wait to re-establish acquaintances and fellowships
Old Saturday, September 19th, 2009, 01:21 AM

Monty is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Best Deals In Aruba--Watapana

Thanks for the note, reply,Merishka.

I have a question for you, When you visit Aruba do you use a cell phone, if yes, could you briefly describe that for me ie. do you rent, or do you buy a sim chip for your personal phone or ?????. This is the first time for using a cell in aruba for me. Now that I have started using a cell phone I can't be without one. I am trying to get by on the cheap. In advance, thanks for your reply.
Old Saturday, September 19th, 2009, 07:14 AM

merishka is on a distinguished road

I bring my cell, but only for direct talk (walkie talkie use to keep in touch w/hubby) and to take pics. Don't actually use to "phone home". I'm one of those who likes to be out of touch w/the real world on vaca...lol! If I had to call home, I would just buy a phone card and use it.

Quote:

I have a question for you, When you visit Aruba do you use a cell phone, if yes, could you briefly describe that for me ie. do you rent, or do you buy a sim chip for your personal phone or ?????. This is the first time for using a cell in aruba for me. Now that I have started using a cell phone I can't be without one. I am trying to get by on the cheap. In advance, thanks for your reply.
Old Saturday, September 19th, 2009, 08:12 AM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road

monty, if you use your american phone you will probably be charged at least $1.29/minute so check with your service. the prices i have heard spanned between $1.29 and 1.99/minute.

if you are planning to use it a lot, i would suggest renting and if you go frequently to aruba (2 or more times a year), i would suggest buying the cheapest aruban cell phone.

Quote: