Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba in General

Aruba in General All general questions about Aruba.

Old Thursday, February 11th, 2010, 10:12 PM

jawz is on a distinguished road
Default Van der Sloot dies on Aruba

Message received . I do also have a heart and feel for his Family. I'm sure they are grieving and we'll all hear about it at some point. But it won't be from me on here.
I apologize .

Last edited by jawz; Friday, February 12th, 2010 at 08:30 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Thursday, February 11th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Van der Sloot dies on Aruba

jeff, you are welcome to print the information in your newspaper but for this forum, i will print the news itself. paulus suffered a massive fatal coronary yesterday afternoon. there is really nothing more that we need to know than that.

it was expected that nancy grace would do her normal exploitation crap over something as sad as a human being dying. she has done it enough to enough people in the past. i hope that our members will react with kindness and understand that a good woman lost her husband and no matter what has happened on either side of this fence, there is sadness for the pain of anyone who loses a loved one. my sympathies go out to anita van der sloot as they did to the holloway family in their time of pain.

fyi, i hope that our members are wiser than nancy grace and don't use this space to inflict more pain on either side of a tragedy that has hurt two families.

thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawz View Post
For those of you who don't know,
Joran Van Der Sloots father died yesterday from a heart attack after playing tennis at the Tierra Del Sol country club. Nancy Disgrace is all over it. We'll see where this leads in the next few days. It's terrible to exploite the news but it is on now. I do feel for Natalies parents and hope something will come of this, but it is unlikely as he ( Joran) has been held for as long as they could hold him without her body. I know I may get flagged, but it's whats all over here again. It's a shame, but also its life here to deal with. I'll be writing everything as it can be translated on The Aruba News as fast as possible. My Heart and due respect goes out to the Holloway family. I hate to post it but, it stirs my emotions and want something to come of this crime as do ALL Arubans and Americans who love Aruba and their children.
Jawz
Jeff Wilcox
Old Thursday, February 11th, 2010, 10:36 PM
Aruba Expert

JohnJT is on a distinguished road

My least favorite commentator (reporter), Ms. "Disgrace", is having a great time with this news.
Just watched today an episode of the "Good Wife"...dealt with a commentator who pounded on day after day about a case with little or no actual facts. The TV case dealt with a woman who committed suicide after false reports about the disappearance of her child. It sounds very much like the case where Nancy Disgrace is being sued in central Florida.
I just hope that the above news does NOT bring more negative publicity for Aruba!
Old Friday, February 12th, 2010, 01:12 AM

aquaman is on a distinguished road

We are all destined to die at some point. Where is the news here?
Old Friday, February 12th, 2010, 03:15 AM
Aruba Expert

Sandra is on a distinguished road

I feel sad for the Anita and her other sons. Not sure how I feel about Joran, I don't feel real sympathy for him. I wish them strenght and wisdom to get through this. I think this goes without saying. I lost my father 22 years ago when he had a heart attack, so I know what they are going through.

I also feel for the parents of Natalee. I am convinced that Paul knew more then he said and possibly even helped Joran. Now the only one who possibly could have helped in getting the truth out about Natalee is no longer alive. He took his secret with him and we'll never know.

I think everyone should leave both families alone and let them mourn in peace.

Last edited by Sandra; Friday, February 12th, 2010 at 07:40 AM.
Old Friday, February 12th, 2010, 08:23 AM
Aruba Expert

lizzardo is on a distinguished road

Amen Sherry!

Jawz - do us all a favor and DON"T put this in your newspaper.
You have not lived thru all this like we have. I would venture
to say that 99% of Americans here and Arubans DON'T want
to go thru this again.

This is not news. This is something sad that happened. I
don't want to see all the bashing starting again.

Been there, done that.... and really tired of that.
Old Friday, February 12th, 2010, 08:39 AM

ArubaMilie is on a distinguished road

Regardless of the whole situation I still feel really bad for this to happen... sorry for the wife, and his 2 great sons.. don't care for Joran.. but it's still sad for a wife and kids to loose their loved one...

Hopefully people will respect that. Agree with Sherry and Liz...

Babymoon trip to West Coast- April 24-May 9
San Fran-Yosemite-Las Vegas-GC-UT NP's-Salt Lake City-Rapid City
Old Friday, February 12th, 2010, 08:44 AM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road

thanks jeff. you are a good guy and you get extra points in my book for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawz View Post
Message received . I do also have a heart and feel for his Family. I'm sure they are grieving and we'll all hear about it at some point. But it won't be from me on here.
I apologize .
Old Friday, February 12th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Almost Aruban Moderator

Elaine S is on a distinguished road

I was aware of the death of Paul Vandersloot the day he passed away, but thought better of starting a diatribe here on the forum knowing that it would/could start a rehash of what was a very sad story all around with no winners. It has been and continues to be a story without an ending.

Condolences, and peace to Anita and her two sons - Val and Sabastian, and I'll leave it at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
jeff, you are welcome to print the information in your newspaper but for this forum, i will print the news itself. paulus suffered a massive fatal coronary yesterday afternoon. there is really nothing more that we need to know than that.

it was expected that nancy grace would do her normal exploitation crap over something as sad as a human being dying. she has done it enough to enough people in the past. i hope that our members will react with kindness and understand that a good woman lost her husband and no matter what has happened on either side of this fence, there is sadness for the pain of anyone who loses a loved one. my sympathies go out to anita van der sloot as they did to the holloway family in their time of pain.

fyi, i hope that our members are wiser than nancy grace and don't use this space to inflict more pain on either side of a tragedy that has hurt two families.

thank you!

Last edited by Elaine S; Friday, February 12th, 2010 at 09:31 AM.
Old Friday, February 12th, 2010, 10:30 AM
Almost Aruban

seashelldiver is on a distinguished road
Question Re: Van der Sloot dies on Aruba

I feel sad for anyone's death.....but I wonder what secrets of the night Natalie disappeared he took to the grave with him......
Old Friday, February 12th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Almost Aruban

ruba4ever is on a distinguished road

This is why I am so proud to be associated with this board.....This is a sad turn of events with an even sadder underlying situation, and people who call themselves reporters, will exploit. Their disregard for other fellow humans is horrid. I don't know Mr. Van der Sloot's family personally like others here do, so I can not make any statements about them. But I trust my friends here that say they are a wonderful family. That's enough for me. I have sympathy for the family that must deal, not only with the death of a loved one, but with the media circus that has apparently begun. Lossing a loved one is hard...and for a wife to lose her husband....well, that is beyond my comprehension.....but now Anita
will have to defend herself and the remaining family members. And I trust she will continue to defend her husband as well. People will definately be all over her for that reason. And it is during times like that, I often ask myself where our compassion for our fellow man has gone.

So now that my rant is over and the fact is posted here, we can leave it alone.....and if any other facts need posted sherry will do that. Jeff...I am glad that you understand; lesser men would be mad and would leave here with a bad taste....we knew you would fit here.

My sympathies go out to everyone that will be touched by this... Holloway and VDS families, friends, and the island of Aruba.

ruba

Old Sunday, February 14th, 2010, 12:07 PM

LearJet9 is on a distinguished road

I too extend my condolonces to his wife. Paulis dies of a heart attack, the family knows what he died from and has the ability to bury him. The Holloway's did not have the same.

Bill