Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Timeshare Owners' Corner > Divi Phoenix Resort

Divi Phoenix Resort This Forum is for Divi Phoenix Resort Owners to post/exchange information about their resort. To list PRIVATE rentals,please click here. To list PRIVATE sales, please click here.

Old Sunday, September 12th, 2010, 10:47 AM
Aruba Expert

PhoenixGirl is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba SETAR services internet room?

I emailed the Phoenix about the slow connection I had in the internet room near the deli in May, and I got a reply that it was serviced by Setar and that there have been no complaints for three months. Why do I find this so hard to believe?

Can anyone who has been there since June comment on this? I'd believe someone on this board more than what Divi tells me.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Sunday, September 12th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: SETAR services internet room?

wait! are you telling me that setar does their internet room but they arrange wifi from them? something smells very rotten to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixGirl View Post
I emailed the Phoenix about the slow connection I had in the internet room near the deli in May, and I got a reply that it was serviced by Setar and that there have been no complaints for three months. Why do I find this so hard to believe?

Can anyone who has been there since June comment on this? I'd believe someone on this board more than what Divi tells me.
Old Sunday, September 12th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Aruba Expert

Here is a copy of several correspondences with Pedro Vargas at the Phoenix.

Mrs. Ingram

Thank you for your mail. Our Internet lounge’s ISP provider is SETAR. Our IT person on site confirmed they (SETAR) recently finished upgrading their systems and therefore the connection speed should be improved. Honestly I have not received any complaint regarding the internet lounge or the Wi-Fi in the past three months. I am confident that whether you choose to try the Wi-Fi service or the internet lounge you will be able to access the internet without any problems during your upcoming stay. Our IT person on site will be happy to assist you in case of any further questions.

Best regards,

Pedro A. Vargas T.
Rooms Division Manager
Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort
J.E. Irausquin Boulevard #75. Oranjestad, Aruba
Tel : 297 586-6066 ext 7068
Fax : 297 586-1165
Cel : 297 735-6610 BB PIN 208482F8
Mail : pedro.vargas@diviresorts.com
www.diviresorts.com

Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2010 6:17 PM
To: Pedro Vargas
Subject: RE: Aruba Divi Phoenix Internet Server

I am not talking about WIFI hot spots where people bring their own laptops. When I was there in May, and connetion in the internet room by the deli was slow and very ineffective. Since then (all summer), the internet message boards have continued to register complaints about the internet server at the Phoenix being terribly slow.

Thank you for your mail and comments via our corporate customer service; we appreciate your feedback and follow up and as mentioned in e- mails below, our company is in the process of selecting a new WI-FI provider and SETAR is among several companies that have submitted a proposal. Meanwhile I am happy to inform you that the current WI- FI service is up and running and I have not received any complaint during the past 3 months.
Old Sunday, September 12th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road

well, i can tell you that people staying there during week #33 had a problem with wifi. the problem was there was no wifi. i also heard people complaining about the internet room saying it was slow and expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixGirl View Post
Here is a copy of several correspondences with Pedro Vargas at the Phoenix.

Mrs. Ingram

Thank you for your mail. Our Internet lounge’s ISP provider is SETAR. Our IT person on site confirmed they (SETAR) recently finished upgrading their systems and therefore the connection speed should be improved. Honestly I have not received any complaint regarding the internet lounge or the Wi-Fi in the past three months. I am confident that whether you choose to try the Wi-Fi service or the internet lounge you will be able to access the internet without any problems during your upcoming stay. Our IT person on site will be happy to assist you in case of any further questions.

Best regards,

Pedro A. Vargas T.
Rooms Division Manager
Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort
J.E. Irausquin Boulevard #75. Oranjestad, Aruba
Tel : 297 586-6066 ext 7068
Fax : 297 586-1165
Cel : 297 735-6610 BB PIN 208482F8
Mail : pedro.vargas@diviresorts.com
www.diviresorts.com

Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2010 6:17 PM
To: Pedro Vargas
Subject: RE: Aruba Divi Phoenix Internet Server

I am not talking about WIFI hot spots where people bring their own laptops. When I was there in May, and connetion in the internet room by the deli was slow and very ineffective. Since then (all summer), the internet message boards have continued to register complaints about the internet server at the Phoenix being terribly slow.

Thank you for your mail and comments via our corporate customer service; we appreciate your feedback and follow up and as mentioned in e- mails below, our company is in the process of selecting a new WI-FI provider and SETAR is among several companies that have submitted a proposal. Meanwhile I am happy to inform you that the current WI- FI service is up and running and I have not received any complaint during the past 3 months.
Old Sunday, September 12th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Aruba Expert

I Love Aruba Re: SETAR services internet room?

So what I am hearing is that absolutely nothing has changed since May.

Why does the Phoenix continue to pretend that no problem exists????????????

We will be there next month and I will see for myself how the internet service is. It is so disappointing that they have invested in all that equipment and it is virtually unusable.