Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Timeshare Owners' Corner > Divi Phoenix Resort

Divi Phoenix Resort This Forum is for Divi Phoenix Resort Owners to post/exchange information about their resort. To list PRIVATE rentals,please click here. To list PRIVATE sales, please click here.

Old Tuesday, January 7th, 2014, 09:56 PM

tabnchris is on a distinguished road
Default Bad Reviews,

I've bee reading so many bad reviews lately. From flies, to ants, to mold, to poor service and bad food. I've owned in the new new towers for several years and will be back there next month. Can anybody who has been coming hear frequently let me know if the downfall of this place has already begun?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Friday, January 10th, 2014, 07:25 AM

JohnL is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bad Reviews,

Well, the food has never been very good at the Phoenix. I've owned there since the new buildings were built. I love it. Where did you read these reviews?
Old Friday, January 10th, 2014, 08:59 AM

Trip advisor. I too have always had a great time. I purchased in one of the new towers. I almost never eat there, I'm just getting weary over the sanitary conditions. It would kill me to see this place fall to neglect.
Old Friday, January 10th, 2014, 02:40 PM

Brad is on a distinguished road
One Happy Island Re: Bad Reviews,

We were at the Phoenix in November and were dissatisfied with the food at the renovated Pure Ocean as well as managements' response, or lack thereof, to our complaints ... both the restaurant and Phoenix General Managers'. However, we were pleased with the food and wait staff at Pure Beach. I saw the negative comments posted on TripAdvisor relative to poor sanitary conditions and don't agree with them. We were at the Phoenix for almost three weeks (in the tower) and didn't experience any of the issues reported. The maids were in the room daily with towels, emptying trash and did a full cleaning midweek. We spent quite a bit of time at the pool and the pool attendants did regular sweeps around the area. Leaves, etc. did blow into the pool on occasion due to the wind but the pool attendants were on it. The attendants were out raking and sweeping the areas around the pool and restaurants first thing every morning. I didn't notice the alleged unsanitary conditions around the pool bar, but if that was the case hopefully management was notified and have addressed it. The person who posted the long negative post on TA didn't have much good to say about the Phoenix. We were there during the same period of time and didn't share the same experience. This was our 6th year at the Phoenix and from our perspective, with few exceptions, things get better every year. Over the past year the outside of the tower and exterior stairways were painted, there are new gas grills at each pool area, the wifi is now free, the beach has been expanded and there are more available palapas. Try the sandwiches at the deli as everyone was raving about them this year. We're looking forward to the tower renovations due to begin late spring which will include upgrading the hallways near the elevators, new kitchens, appliances, sleep sofas and general painting, etc. Most importantly the staff is very customer oriented, helpful and friendly. As I stated before, with few exceptions, we are very satisfied with the Phoenix and trust management will address any issues that are sure to arise (anywhere) from time to time. Enjoy your vacation. Hope this helps!
Old Friday, January 10th, 2014, 03:10 PM

Thanks for all that information. So happy to hear that the one common complaint is the food, which is the one thing I'm least concerned about. As long as its clean and the minor issues keep getting better, I don't think I have too much to worry about next month. Thanks again
Old Friday, January 17th, 2014, 01:50 AM

daks630 is on a distinguished road

I take trip advisor posts with a grain of salt. Over the years it has become (imo) something of a hangout for bridge trolls.

Was at Phoenix the last two weeks of November.
No insect, cleanliness, surliness, etc, etc. issues encountered or observed.