Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Timeshare Owners' Corner > Aruba Grand/Riu

Aruba Grand/Riu This Forum is for Aruba Grand/Riu Owners to post/exchange information about their resort. To list PRIVATE rentals,please click here. To list PRIVATE sales, please click here.

Old Tuesday, September 18th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Banned

MDB77 is on a distinguished road
Default Aruba Grand - TS

Has anyone been there yet and used the old TS units since the new opening. Any good or bad news, please share with the rest of us.
Thanks, Mark B.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Tuesday, September 18th, 2007, 09:33 PM
Aruba Expert

LynnS is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Aruba Grand - TS

I will be there the beginning of Oct. and will report when I return. I have my fingers crossed.
Old Wednesday, September 19th, 2007, 10:14 AM

rdharles is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDB77 View Post
Has anyone been there yet and used the old TS units since the new opening. Any good or bad news, please share with the rest of us.
Thanks, Mark B.
Will be there Oct 12th - 19th. Will give a full report upon return. Not sure what unit I'll be staying in as I'm accelerating that week. I'm sure they won't assign a room until I arrive. Can't wait to see everything and hoping for the best!
R.D.
Old Thursday, September 20th, 2007, 03:52 PM

lindaspooky is on a distinguished road

Yesterday, Jon Kirsher who heads up the Aruba Grand Timeshare Network emailed our group 2 reviews from members who recently returned. If you are not yet members please contact Jon Kirshner at jbk224@gmail.com and he will add you to our network.

Jon has been doing an outstanding job keeping us up to date with information regarding the Riu.

Linda
Old Thursday, September 20th, 2007, 04:08 PM

rdharles is on a distinguished road

It's too bad we're hearing less than desirable reports from the timeshare owners. It seems the general public staying at the RIU lately have been giving the RIU really good reviews. It seems all RIU's efforts to make things good have gone to the "non-timeshare" folks. If you haven't seen these reviews yet, check 'em out:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/AllReview...a.html#content
Old Thursday, September 20th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Aruba Expert

LynnS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdharles View Post
It's too bad we're hearing less than desirable reports from the timeshare owners. It seems the general public staying at the RIU lately have been giving the RIU really good reviews. It seems all RIU's efforts to make things good have gone to the "non-timeshare" folks. If you haven't seen these reviews yet, check 'em out:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/AllReview...a.html#content
I for one am not surprised and I don't think it will change. The only way(in my opinion) the units will be renovated is when we are charged an assesment fee-and even then Riu will not keep up the "daily"maintenance that is needed to keep things in good order. Just like your home-you do the little jobs to prevent them from becoming BIG jobs.
Jelishka has assured me our unit WILL be ready when we arrive. Fingers crossed.
RD-sorry I will miss you-if anything important happens I will leave you a note at the front desk. Hope we both have the best ever vacation.