Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba in General

Aruba in General All general questions about Aruba.

Old Wednesday, May 23rd, 2007, 11:06 PM
Native Aruban (admin)

Daphne is on a distinguished road
Default Red Cross Aruba Celebrates 50 yrs with Charity Event!

The Red Cross of Aruba celebrates it's 50th anniversary with two nights of music with the help of local musicians!

Roger Peterson, one of Aruba's musical talents, and his band Intwine readily offered to help the Aruba Red Cross with their celebration by donating 2 nights of fundraising concerts in Aruba with the support of yet two other local bands, Sonic Lab 297 and Time Bandits.

The first concert on Friday May 25th at Havana Beach Club will be an "electric" concert, whereas the Rumshop Sessions on Sunday May 27 at the Renaissance Crystal Theater will be a sit-down "unplugged" version.

The tickets for the 25th are going rapidly and are almost sold out, so make sure to secure your tickets today!

Old Thursday, May 24th, 2007, 06:55 AM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Red Cross Aruba Celebrates 50 yrs with Charity Event!

ok everyone, you may laugh at this but your momma moderator was the youngest red cross bloodmobile volunteer when i volunteered (do you see a trend here?) i was 11 when i started. wore that stupid little uniform and cap that somehow i 'lost' many years ago in a fit of embarrassment frenzy. i even made the local news because it was a 3 generation gig with my mother and grandmother. hiding in a childhood scrapbook somewhere is that terrible picture never to be shown to anyone.

so, in respect for those years, remember that giving blood is saving a life. if asked to do it please consider it and if not asked please volunteer. it is less than an hour out of your lifetime and you lose nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphne View Post
The Red Cross of Aruba celebrates it's 50th anniversary with two nights of music with the help of local musicians!

Roger Peterson, one of Aruba's musical talents, and his band Intwine readily offered to help the Aruba Red Cross with their celebration by donating 2 nights of fundraising concerts in Aruba with the support of yet two other local bands, Sonic Lab 297 and Time Bandits.

The first concert on Friday May 25th at Havana Beach Club will be an "electric" concert, whereas the Rumshop Sessions on Sunday May 27 at the Renaissance Crystal Theater will be a sit-down "unplugged" version.

The tickets for the 25th are going rapidly and are almost sold out, so make sure to secure your tickets today!

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Thursday, May 24th, 2007, 07:50 AM
Almost Aruban

seashelldiver is on a distinguished road
Wink Re: Red Cross Aruba Celebrates 50 yrs with Charity Event!

Sherry....thank for posting the announcement. Sherry is right, when you are in Aruba on vacation, take an hour and donate. It is greatly needed on the island and it's a good thing to do for our fellow Aruban friends. When my Aruban husband was being treated for his cancer, blood was needed and there was a 2 day wait till they could locate some of his blood in Curacao......so pleeeease donate. I have been remiss in my last 2 trips, but I will not skip that donation anymore.......

OK NOW SHERRY, COME ON GIRLFRIEND......YOU GOTTA POST THAT PIC !!!! lol
Old Thursday, May 24th, 2007, 07:53 AM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road

honey, THAT pic will stay hidden forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashelldiver View Post
Sherry....thank for posting the announcement. Sherry is right, when you are in Aruba on vacation, take an hour and donate. It is greatly needed on the island and it's a good thing to do for our fellow Aruban friends. When my Aruban husband was being treated for his cancer, blood was needed and there was a 2 day wait till they could locate some of his blood in Curacao......so pleeeease donate. I have been remiss in my last 2 trips, but I will not skip that donation anymore.......

OK NOW SHERRY, COME ON GIRLFRIEND......YOU GOTTA POST THAT PIC !!!! lol
Old Thursday, May 24th, 2007, 07:58 AM
Almost Aruban

charlierat is on a distinguished road

Thank you, Aruba Red Cross. (And thank you everyone that donates blood at home or in their home away from home.)

Oh, I almost forgot. I love Intwine (one of the bands playing at the event). They have a few videos on youtube and I highly recommend checking them out.
Old Thursday, May 24th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Native Aruban (admin)

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for your replies
The Red Cross of Aruba (Aruba Rode Kruis) is really in need of lots of new materials, since most of their things are extremely dated and/or out of stock. Being a non-profit organization, they rely heavily on subsidies and donations.

The Aruba Overseas Branch of the Netherlands Red Cross is being led by its chairman, Mr. Greg Peterson, who is very actively trying to bring some change in the situation by doing fund raising events and urging the people of Aruba to lend a hand since the Red Cross of Aruba right now is not in a position to handle any big event or calamity due to the lack of needed materials to work.

In addition, the organization is also very active in promoting the new "Faces" campaign, of which this concert forms part. See:
http://www.caribbeanredcross.org/new...arubafaces.htm
and
http://www.caribbeanredcross.org/new...arubailmuz.htm

For more news on the efforts of the Caribbean Red Cross:
http://www.caribbeanredcross.org/news/index.htm

To contact the Aruba Overseas Branch of the Netherlands Red Cross:

General E-mail : Rodekruisaruba@gmail.com

Office Manager: Mrs. Ida Croes
Pedro Gallegostraat 14,
Oranjestad, Aruba.

Tel.Nr. +297-5822219
Fax Nr. +297-5883376
E-mail address : idarodekruis@hotmail.com

The Office Manager can be reached from 9:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M.

Donations: Rode Kruis Aruba account # 14.15.629 - Aruba Bank
Old Thursday, May 24th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Almost Aruban

Corrine is on a distinguished road

Thank you Daphne for this important information. I wish I could be there for the concert. I checked out Intwine - love his voice!

Old Thursday, May 24th, 2007, 11:45 AM
Native Aruban (admin)

Hi Corrine,

Yes, Intwine is a good band and very popular in the Netherlands and Europe.
Roger Peterson, the lead singer with a tremendous voice, is yet another local treasure! I believe that on this visit he again recorded another music video here in Aruba. He really keeps Aruba and his family very close to his heart

Aruba has many local talents

Saludos!

D.
Old Monday, May 28th, 2007, 07:18 PM

andrea j. is on a distinguished road

The Red Cross ia very instrumental in first aid and cpr training in Aruba.
Training that we all count on!

And the blood services..................................big time important.

Thank you Daphne for posting the event information.