Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba in General

Aruba in General All general questions about Aruba.

Old Friday, April 18th, 2008, 07:54 PM

Fisherlady48 is on a distinguished road
Default ordered my Aruba Plus Card today

Im getting close!! Arrive at ABC on May 2 for 8 nights..

The card is good for this trip and my trip in November..

Getting excited..

K

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Friday, April 18th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ordered my Aruba Plus Card today

ordered mine a few weeks ago! i use it as my reminder that it is almost aruba time. mine is good for 2 trips also.

this time we miss each other by 11 days. gotta time it better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherlady48 View Post
Im getting close!! Arrive at ABC on May 2 for 8 nights..

The card is good for this trip and my trip in November..

Getting excited..

K
Old Saturday, April 19th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Aruba Expert

PhoenixGirl is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: ordered my Aruba Plus Card today

I got to use it in January and will use it again in May. Still have two weeks coming up in October. We get our money's worth out of that little card.
Old Saturday, April 19th, 2008, 06:42 PM

pjscardz is on a distinguished road

I was looking at the card a couple of days ago. The only thing I was wondering is if we both need our own cards or will one work for a couple??

Thanks! :-D
Old Saturday, April 19th, 2008, 09:44 PM
Administrator

for restaurants and car rentals only one card is needed. for some things that are done as individuals you each need one, i.e. scuba diving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjscardz View Post
I was looking at the card a couple of days ago. The only thing I was wondering is if we both need our own cards or will one work for a couple??

Thanks! :-D
Old Sunday, April 20th, 2008, 08:30 AM
Aruba Expert

Kent is on a distinguished road
One Happy Island Re: ordered my Aruba Plus Card today

Could someone please give me the sight to order a card. I did several years ago and now were going in July and Feb. It might be worth getting another one. Also, what is the cost by now. Thanks. Kent

29th trip Nov 4th for 5 months!!
Snorkeling at Mangel Halto, day or night, using "bladefish water scooters", reasonable pricing, all equip provided and transport from your resort. Also free pics and a cd with over 200 Aruba pics.Email Kent Gerber at kentgerber@adamswells.com or Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call local: 745-7459 or visit:
www.arubabobsnorkeling.com
Old Sunday, April 20th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Administrator

hi kent, the link is at the top of this page, lol. including shipping and handling or delivery i think the total is $15.

in case you are as lazy as i am... http://www.visitaruba.com/plus/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
Could someone please give me the sight to order a card. I did several years ago and now were going in July and Feb. It might be worth getting another one. Also, what is the cost by now. Thanks. Kent
Old Sunday, April 20th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Aruba Expert

Cooks Restaurant is on a distinguished road

The VisitAruba Plus Card is THE best thing in terms of savings. Its cost is nothing compared to the savings you get from it.Cooks Restaurant is happy to have joined as a partner. By using the VisitAruba Plus card you will get 15 % discount on all cash a la carta purchases and 10% discount on all credit card a la carta purchases. No American Express accepted.We were happy to have served our first VisitAruba Plus Card Holder this past Thursday.
Old Wednesday, April 23rd, 2008, 08:31 PM

coolpopp is on a distinguished road

Was not happy with the card, I rented from royal car rental which was great by the way but when I went to use my card they said that it was
allready discounted and anyone could visit the site and they would not know if you had the card or not, tried to use it at Fishes and More and they said that we could not use it for early bird specials then at Le Petit
Cafe they took off eighty-five sents on a $26.dollar meal and they did not
take it on my meal because it was the special of the night which was $1.00 more than what was on the menu
Old Thursday, April 24th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Aruba Expert

DiviAruba is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooks Restaurant View Post
The VisitAruba Plus Card is THE best thing in terms of savings. Its cost is nothing compared to the savings you get from it.Cooks Restaurant is happy to have joined as a partner. By using the VisitAruba Plus card you will get 15 % discount on all cash a la carta purchases and 10% discount on all credit card a la carta purchases. No American Express accepted.We were happy to have served our first VisitAruba Plus Card Holder this past Thursday.
I don't see that on the list!?!

Old Thursday, April 24th, 2008, 12:16 PM
Administrator

cool... i wish you would have told the webmasters. they can't correct problems if they don't know what they are. all places are supposed to take the card number and send it back to the office. if royal doesn't then they are stupid. that means they are giving a discount when it isn't deserved and could get that extra money for themselves.

btw, in case you wonder why i get the card when i am the head moderator. i am a volunteer. the only discounts i get are with the card just like the rest of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpopp View Post
Was not happy with the card, I rented from royal car rental which was great by the way but when I went to use my card they said that it was
allready discounted and anyone could visit the site and they would not know if you had the card or not, tried to use it at Fishes and More and they said that we could not use it for early bird specials then at Le Petit
Cafe they took off eighty-five sents on a $26.dollar meal and they did not
take it on my meal because it was the special of the night which was $1.00 more than what was on the menu
Old Thursday, April 24th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Administrator

divi, cooks just became a member. their name may not be showing yet but they are offering the discount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiviAruba View Post
I don't see that on the list!?!
Old Friday, April 25th, 2008, 05:45 AM

Where is Cooks Restaurant?

Old Friday, April 25th, 2008, 05:55 AM
Administrator

i sure love copy and paste, lol.

Wilhelmina Straat 89 on the 2nd floor. Just above the office of DHL Express. On the Same Street as El Gaucho, but at the intersection just before El Gaucho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherlady48 View Post
Where is Cooks Restaurant?
Old Friday, April 25th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Aruba Expert

Please note: DHL no longer has an office in the same building as Cooks. But, Cooks remains in the same building. It is located in the 2 story building at the traffic light intersection on the same street as El Gaucho.

We will see you there.

Happy Hour Today and Fishballs for all.
Old Friday, April 25th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Administrator

i hope to see you within a day or two of arriving on this visit. i will have my card with me. see you in four weeks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooks Restaurant View Post
Please note: DHL no longer has an office in the same building as Cooks. But, Cooks remains in the same building. It is located in the 2 story building at the traffic light intersection on the same street as El Gaucho.

We will see you there.

Happy Hour Today and Fishballs for all.
Old Friday, April 25th, 2008, 05:17 PM

lobe is on a distinguished road

I, too was disappointed with the Aruba Plus card -- most discounts are not accepted with other offers, such as the discounts you get on individual vendor websites (such as car rentals) or in the famous Little Switzerland bag, in Aruba Today or at www.ArubaDiscountCoupons.com.
Old Friday, April 25th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Administrator

lobe, as far as i know, no coupons from anyone can be used with others. the vendors would lose their businesses. you certainly can't go into a grocery with 2 coupons and cash them out on the same item. why would you expect it anywhere else. the vendors will offer slightly different choices if they use more than one venue (i.e. the little switzerland bags and visit aruba card) and you then have the option to chose which one you want. that's the way coupon shopping works everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobe View Post
I, too was disappointed with the Aruba Plus card -- most discounts are not accepted with other offers, such as the discounts you get on individual vendor websites (such as car rentals) or in the famous Little Switzerland bag, in Aruba Today or at www.ArubaDiscountCoupons.com.
Old Friday, April 25th, 2008, 11:05 PM

No store or restaurant or grocery has two offers. It is really up to you, the visitor.

Do you want to cut coupons.. or just show a card.. This year at least next Friday, Im going to try both.. I'll let you know.

However, when I have used the Aruba Plus card in the past, I have always been satisfied.

K

Old Saturday, April 26th, 2008, 06:35 AM
Aruba Expert

chrisnwillie is on a distinguished road

I agree with Fisherlady. I'm much rather just show the card than cut coupons.

Also, sometimes, since I'm there for 3 weeks, frequent a place more than once, such as the Paddock. Everytime I go, I get a free tee shirt.

I love the card.
Old Sunday, April 27th, 2008, 01:30 AM
Native Aruban (admin)

Daphne is on a distinguished road

I've been following this thread at some distance, but I would like to say a couple of things on behalf of VisitAruba Plus, which we operate, along with this Bulletin board and the VisitAruba.com website.

Firstly, we know of no vendor who does not make certain conditions with any discounts offered through any discount mechanism available on-island, since they have to be able to make their own business and pricing decisions based on the state of the market and on their clients requirements.

Secondly if any vendor does not honor what they are contracted to offer with the VisitAruba Plus card, we take it very seriously and contact their management giving details of the case and requesting an explanation, and we get to a solution that ends up satisfying our members 99% of the time.

VisitAruba Plus has been around for almost 10 years, and has had and will continue to have our utmost commitment to delivering what the card promises. We make it very clear where our offers are accepted, and any conditions that apply, so that members are able to make an informed choice about their purchase. We take considerable care in ensuring that we personally deliver personalized cards to all main hotels on the island or to a member's home address and we have a clear channel of communication by phone or email for any questions members may have.

We take pride that we have developed a product that provides convenience (convenient printed booklet highlighting all available offers, no fiddling with / losing coupons) and at the same time provides significant savings, at a very reasonable cardmembership price.

We are sorry to hear that people such as coolpopp and lobe had certain expectations that were not met, but it is also important to stress that any expectations of combining multiple offers are unrealistic and are clearly indicated with each offer. Nonetheless, as mentioned, we take any member complaint seriously and are currently in contact with the vendors that were mentioned to see what the specific situations were at each and will definitely be responding personally.

Thanks

Daphne
Old Sunday, April 27th, 2008, 10:12 PM

coolpopp is on a distinguished road
Default Visit Aruba Card

Daphne,
I was not trying to combine two discounts together at any given time. This was the second card that I purchased and I did not have any problems two years ago, but if restaurants had stipulations on what you
could and could not use it on that would be helpful, for example cannot not be used on special of the day or early bird specials, the car rental was
a good deal and I would recommend Royal to anyone but...I did not need
the card to get the discount. I just think there are too many variables
to benefit from using the card, I too do not like cutting out coupons.

Lou
Old Monday, April 28th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Native Aruban (admin)

Daphne is on a distinguished road

Hi Lou,

I completely agree with you that as much information about what the offer covers is very important. Fishes and More do say their offer is not combinable with other offers. Nonetheless, I would like to look into this further. Please be so kind as to send me a private message with your membership number and include as many details as you can about what happened at the restaurants. As regards Royal, if they have a special going that is more beneficial at that moment then that would be understandable, but it is unlikely to be a year-round offer so it pretty much depends on the time of year and periodic offers they may have.

I hope to hear from you since I would really like to see if we can clear up what happened at the restaurants.

Thanks!

Daphne
Old Monday, April 28th, 2008, 09:38 AM
Aruba Expert

I can definately see how people can be confused such as: Can you get the free t-shirt at the Paddock if you go on Wed., spare rib night? or dutch or burger night? I think that's the type of thing that is confusing people, what is considered "normal" and what is considered "other offers". I think if you go into the place thinking that something advertised is another offer and you won't get the discount, you will not be disappointed and may possibly end up getting the discount. I think probably anything advertised, or cheaper at a given time or day would not be able to be used along with the card.

Old Monday, April 28th, 2008, 09:49 AM
Administrator

divi, i don't know about the other nights but at the paddock on rib night i have gotten many shirts because we go with several people. they seem to have no problem giving them out within the guidelines.

Quote:
I can definately see how people can be confused such as: Can you get the free t-shirt at the Paddock if you go on Wed., spare rib night? or dutch or burger night? I think that's the type of thing that is confusing people, what is considered "normal" and what is considered "other offers". I think if you go into the place thinking that something advertised is another offer and you won't get the discount, you will not be disappointed and may possibly end up getting the discount. I think probably anything advertised, or cheaper at a given time or day would not be able to be used along with the card.
Old Monday, April 28th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Aruba Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
divi, i don't know about the other nights but at the paddock on rib night i have gotten many shirts because we go with several people. they seem to have no problem giving them out within the guidelines.
That's good to know, did the people who got the shirts have the ribs to eat or something else? I think stuff like that is what confuses people, what is considered already a special or a deal.

Old Monday, April 28th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Aruba Expert

chrisnwillie is on a distinguished road

The Paddock requires a $20 purchase for their free teeshirt. On rib night, I order the ribs and two of their special of the day drinks and get my teeshirt.
Old Monday, April 28th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Aruba Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnwillie View Post
The Paddock requires a $20 purchase for their free teeshirt. On rib night, I order the ribs and two of their special of the day drinks and get my teeshirt.
Wow, I thought that would not be allowed! Good deal!

Old Monday, April 28th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Administrator

paddock doesn't seem to differenciate between sale and not sale. it is $20 as chris said and you get a shirt.
Quote:
That's good to know, did the people who got the shirts have the ribs to eat or something else? I think stuff like that is what confuses people, what is considered already a special or a deal.
Old Saturday, May 3rd, 2008, 06:20 PM
Aruba Expert

If I may intrude to this subject and add the following:

In the case with Cooks Restaurant we do have a coupon available where you can get 5% off on a la carta purchases for a party of up to 3 people. You will get 10% off on a la carta purchases for parties of 4 and more.

It is only with your Visit Aruba Plus card that you can get 15% off on a la carta purchases wether you are just one person or more. It doesn't matter. So, everyone is better of using the Visit Aruba Plus card when paying cash, because if paying by credit card you will get 10% off. American Express is no longer accepted.

All discounts do not apply with any other specials or offers including the All You Can Eat and our Happy Hour.

So, it will be more beneficial if you use the Visit Aruba Plus Card.

Happy vacationing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphne View Post
Hi Lou,

I completely agree with you that as much information about what the offer covers is very important. Fishes and More do say their offer is not combinable with other offers. Nonetheless, I would like to look into this further. Please be so kind as to send me a private message with your membership number and include as many details as you can about what happened at the restaurants. As regards Royal, if they have a special going that is more beneficial at that moment then that would be understandable, but it is unlikely to be a year-round offer so it pretty much depends on the time of year and periodic offers they may have.

I hope to hear from you since I would really like to see if we can clear up what happened at the restaurants.

Thanks!

Daphne