Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Timeshare Owners' Corner > Aruba Grand/Riu

Aruba Grand/Riu This Forum is for Aruba Grand/Riu Owners to post/exchange information about their resort. To list PRIVATE rentals,please click here. To list PRIVATE sales, please click here.

Old Wednesday, December 13th, 2006, 10:13 PM

rdharles is on a distinguished road
Default Aruba Grand update [pictures] (Dec 2-9, 2006)

Just returned from Aruba (Dec 2nd – 9th). Thought you guys might want to see the most recent pictures of the Grand (link on the bottom of post). Stayed at the Radisson and spent the first night on the third floor of the Curacao tower facing the construction. The first few pictures in the album are from that view. According to everyone I talked to, they are WAY ahead of schedule, but of course nobody knows the finish date for sure. Next December was the most popular “guess”. I also include a few pictures of the new roof going on the Bugaloe bar, the construction progress across from the Holiday Inn and grand opening of Gilligan’s restaurant at the Radisson (Fri Dec 8th).

Did not talk to anyone from the Grand. That place was locked up like a prison. Saw a few rooms lit up at night but not a whole lot. Was told the workers are staying at apartments down the road.

Very interesting to hear and see the workers singing and dancing before work starts in the morning. Whatever motivates them I guess. I hear there are plenty of incentives ($$) to get everything done as soon as possible. They are working 2 shifts of 8 hours (7am until 11pm).

I posted the pictures on Shutterfly.com. You don't have to register to view the picture album. Just click on the link and you should be good to go.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...Rs2YRs&notag=1

R.D.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Thursday, December 14th, 2006, 11:24 AM

lindaspooky is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Aruba Grand update [pictures] (Dec 2-9, 2006)

Thanks for posting your pictures. Let's hope they stay on this pace.
I see that the huts on the beach are mostly full. If it wasn't so far from the HI we would have definately used them during our stay last month.

Linda
Old Thursday, December 14th, 2006, 11:54 AM

rdharles is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Aruba Grand update [pictures] (Dec 2-9, 2006)

Yes, some days the huts were heavily used, other days only a few people were using them. One day I noticed the beach wasn't a great place to be as the wind was blowing just right and the dust and dirt was flying all over the beach from the construction site, not to mention it was very noisy.