Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Timeshare Owners' Corner > Costa Linda Resort

Costa Linda Resort This Forum is for Costa Linda Resort Owners to post/exchange information about their resort. To list PRIVATE rentals,please click here. To list PRIVATE sales, please click here.

Old Monday, January 8th, 2007, 10:32 PM

leftyjy is on a distinguished road
Question How Many Are Reading All This Stuff?

Presumably, persons posting their opinions and letters here on this and other newly formed BB's are doing so with the hope of gaining the attention of all those readers out there. I have no real idea of the number, but my somewhat educated guess is that there are no more than several hundred Official CLBR BB users out there, if, in fact there are that many. Now, with all this censorship and ugliness going back and forth, that number has probably dropped considerably (official CLBR BB'ers). So, I'll refer to those trying to right several wrongs as 'rebels' (and that's not a bad thing, mind you), these rebels have started a couple of new BB's (this being one of them) in which CLBR owners can speak freely and describe strategies (although I've read about only one strategy, so far) and comment on the mis-management, mis-direction, and poor leadership without fear of winding up on the cutting-room floor. So, unless there are lots more concerned owners out there who are just sitting back and reading until some hard-core direction gets posted, I suspect the number of users here and on Norm's informal BB is pretty small..... but growing???? Ok, that said, I want to side with someone pretty quick. I want to side with the group who is pretty darn sure that the steps they take and that they make us take, won't lead us to some brink of destruction. Are we trying to do too much too quickly? Is is too much to expect that any huge strategy can be set up to become a formidable platform to be presented at the next Annual Meeting? Can it be done? Do you suppose that if the 'rebel' leaders slowed things down a bit they could contact more owners, sway more of us who wait for hard-core direction with a real deliberate plan for a specific date with specific players..... I'll side with the group that can pretty much tell me that I'll be able to enjoy my CLBR timeshares for a lot more years. My days of being a leader are long gone. However, I still can pay attention and make contacts, but I need it pretty clearly laid out for me. Best of luck to everyone. I'll help where I can.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Tuesday, January 9th, 2007, 08:07 AM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How Many Are Reading All This Stuff?

john, you would be surprised at the comments i get from members. i would estimate that there are many more than you think reading these posts.

personally, no matter what side you are on, i think it is good. there are people who want to buy or rent. it makes the board stand up and think about what happens and what public reaction will be. it may make them speed up their decisions and stop wasting time on petty things. not very many people are going to want to buy and i am sure some will want to sell if the problems last. that has to be going thru their minds constantly as they see these posts. that is why there needs to be a public forum for problems with timeshares. if it hits the powers that be in their wallets we all make an impression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyjy View Post
Presumably, persons posting their opinions and letters here on this and other newly formed BB's are doing so with the hope of gaining the attention of all those readers out there. I have no real idea of the number, but my somewhat educated guess is that there are no more than several hundred Official CLBR BB users out there, if, in fact there are that many. Now, with all this censorship and ugliness going back and forth, that number has probably dropped considerably (official CLBR BB'ers). So, I'll refer to those trying to right several wrongs as 'rebels' (and that's not a bad thing, mind you), these rebels have started a couple of new BB's (this being one of them) in which CLBR owners can speak freely and describe strategies (although I've read about only one strategy, so far) and comment on the mis-management, mis-direction, and poor leadership without fear of winding up on the cutting-room floor. So, unless there are lots more concerned owners out there who are just sitting back and reading until some hard-core direction gets posted, I suspect the number of users here and on Norm's informal BB is pretty small..... but growing???? Ok, that said, I want to side with someone pretty quick. I want to side with the group who is pretty darn sure that the steps they take and that they make us take, won't lead us to some brink of destruction. Are we trying to do too much too quickly? Is is too much to expect that any huge strategy can be set up to become a formidable platform to be presented at the next Annual Meeting? Can it be done? Do you suppose that if the 'rebel' leaders slowed things down a bit they could contact more owners, sway more of us who wait for hard-core direction with a real deliberate plan for a specific date with specific players..... I'll side with the group that can pretty much tell me that I'll be able to enjoy my CLBR timeshares for a lot more years. My days of being a leader are long gone. However, I still can pay attention and make contacts, but I need it pretty clearly laid out for me. Best of luck to everyone. I'll help where I can.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook