Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Timeshare Owners' Corner > Costa Linda Resort

Costa Linda Resort This Forum is for Costa Linda Resort Owners to post/exchange information about their resort. To list PRIVATE rentals,please click here. To list PRIVATE sales, please click here.

Old Wednesday, May 2nd, 2007, 10:49 AM

lasco is on a distinguished road
Default Costa Linda purchase advice

I am considering a purchase at Costa Linda. Could anyone post some advice about purchasing, what are the best weeks, best available units, views, purchasing from an owner's resale or through the resort, etc. Also any advice regarding the ongoing problem with the board and conditions at the resort. Should I be concerned about this? I've never been to Aruba, but have read a lot of good things about Costa Linda and would appreciate any input. Thank you in advance for any advice.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Wednesday, May 2nd, 2007, 10:57 AM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Costa Linda purchase advice

lasco, i am a costa linda owner. i can tell you that they will work out the problems but it may take some time.

as to purchasing, buy from an owner. it is much cheaper. resale is always the best. best weeks are determined by what you like. specific holidays, seasons, or ease of vacation time are the major factors.

either way, the prices are not cheap in aruba so you might not want to buy until you come to aruba and at least see it. spend some time on the island and make sure it is a place you want to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasco View Post
I am considering a purchase at Costa Linda. Could anyone post some advice about purchasing, what are the best weeks, best available units, views, purchasing from an owner's resale or through the resort, etc. Also any advice regarding the ongoing problem with the board and conditions at the resort. Should I be concerned about this? I've never been to Aruba, but have read a lot of good things about Costa Linda and would appreciate any input. Thank you in advance for any advice.
Old Wednesday, May 2nd, 2007, 11:09 AM

Sherry,

Thanks for the response. I am considering purchasing unit 5010 directly from the resort for the listed price of $9,000. Is this price fair or negotiable or can I negotiate with the owner directly, I was told he has 3 weeks for sale? Do you know if that unit has an ocean view or are there any construction plans that may change a particular unit's view? I am new to timeshare, but know from my family members that Aruba is a wonderful place to vacation and Costa Linda seems just right. I was considering Marriott surf club but it seems too crowded and hecticover there. Any advice from an owner is always welcome. Thanks again.
Old Wednesday, May 2nd, 2007, 11:20 AM
Administrator

here is the layout of the 5th floor. 5010 is in the back corner.

http://www.costalinda-aruba.com/images/floor5.gif

i am familiar with the view because i am in 3012. you have very limited beach view and very much grass and island view. the unit is a duplicate of mine which is lovely. but the view isn't the best in the place. for me it is fine because i knew what i was buying when i bought it. my view wasn't as important to me as my location and the privacy and quiet i would get on eagle beach.

at to price, i need to know what weeks to figure out the value.

here is the board that posts rentals and sales. you might want to check them out a bit for comparison. you are not an owner so you can't post but you can email these people.

http://www.costalinda-aruba.com/memb...tinboard.shtml

Quote:
Sherry,

Thanks for the response. I am considering purchasing unit 5010 directly from the resort for the listed price of $9,000. Is this price fair or negotiable or can I negotiate with the owner directly, I was told he has 3 weeks for sale? Do you know if that unit has an ocean view or are there any construction plans that may change a particular unit's view? I am new to timeshare, but know from my family members that Aruba is a wonderful place to vacation and Costa Linda seems just right. I was considering Marriott surf club but it seems too crowded and hecticover there. Any advice from an owner is always welcome. Thanks again.
Old Wednesday, May 2nd, 2007, 11:28 AM

The weeks are 17,18,or 19. I was considering 18. Would I have to deal with the resort on the sale as it is posted on their website as a resale?
Old Wednesday, May 2nd, 2007, 11:36 AM
Administrator

if it is posted by them and not the owner then you have to deal with them. however, if it is posted by the owner then you only have to deal with the owner as far as i have been lead to believe.

week 18 is basically the first week of may. that is considered low season. i can't give you advice on prices because it isn't fair. what if he is also a member of our board. i then am pitting two members against each other. not exactly the right thing to do as the moderator, lol. however, there is never any harm in trying get the price down a little.

Quote:
The weeks are 17,18,or 19. I was considering 18. Would I have to deal with the resort on the sale as it is posted on their website as a resale?
Old Wednesday, May 2nd, 2007, 11:41 AM

Sherry,

I understand and appreciate your honesty. Is May a desirable time even though it is considered low season. Also do the 2 bedroom units have the lockoff feature? Do you know of any future additions to the resort?

Thanks
Old Wednesday, May 2nd, 2007, 11:47 AM
Administrator

no lockoffs except in 3 bedrooms. may is a great time. i have been to aruba in may and love it. i prefer low season. no crowds anywhere. no real building except some luxury units that none of us mere mortals can afford.

Quote:
Sherry,

I understand and appreciate your honesty. Is May a desirable time even though it is considered low season. Also do the 2 bedroom units have the lockoff feature? Do you know of any future additions to the resort?

Thanks
Old Wednesday, May 2nd, 2007, 11:49 AM

Thanks for responding Sherry. You've been very helpful.
Old Wednesday, May 2nd, 2007, 11:57 PM
Aruba Expert

Carol is on a distinguished road

I own 2 weeks in 5014 in the fall and love it. The view is great from the balcony, and we always have a nice breeze while sitting on the balcony. I prefer being on that side, looking up towards the high rises. I don't have to deal with the noise from around the pool, and with the breeze it's always comfortable sitting on the balcony. With a unit on the 5th floor you're basically above the trees, so it doesn't impact the view.

I also own 3 weeks in 3018, weeks 20, 21, and 22. While the view isn't as good as the 5th floor, I still prefer being on that side. I also love going at that time of year, as the island isn't busy. You can go down most mornings by 9:00 AM and still get a chickee in the first row.

I have no doubt that we'll correct the Board/Management problems, and will get Costa Linda back on track shortly. The Annual meeting is at the end of June, and that will be the start of getting us back on track.

Old Thursday, May 3rd, 2007, 11:05 AM
Almost Aruban

elisabeth_nj is on a distinguished road

I take it there are NO studios there? 1 bdrm's are the smallest? What is the going rate for a 1 bedroom say in Sept? (from an owner not Costa Linda). If you want to PM me that's OK.
Old Thursday, May 3rd, 2007, 04:15 PM
Aruba Expert

LynnS is on a distinguished road

From looking at the web site I think CL only has 2 and 3 bedroom to rent from owners. I think they have a few 1 bedrooms for those that need an extra night or 2.
Old Thursday, May 3rd, 2007, 05:01 PM
Administrator

that is exactly right lynn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnS View Post
From looking at the web site I think CL only has 2 and 3 bedroom to rent from owners. I think they have a few 1 bedrooms for those that need an extra night or 2.
Old Friday, May 4th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Almost Aruban

elisabeth_nj is on a distinguished road

Oh so you can't even get a 1 bedroom?
Old Friday, May 4th, 2007, 10:30 AM
Administrator

i think they will rent them if empty but they are mainly for the owners to rent. not quite sure on that. however, you can't buy them

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisabeth_nj View Post
Oh so you can't even get a 1 bedroom?
Old Friday, May 4th, 2007, 06:57 PM
Aruba Expert

Carol is on a distinguished road

Elisabeth, you really wouldn't want to stay in a one-bedroom Cayena Suite for a week. You won't have any view, your patio is in the main walkway, and the only where to eat is on stools at the kitchen counter. They're great for owners to add on an extra night or two, but weren't made for a long term stay. Owners get 50% off the rack rate, which is why they are a popular option for the owners. However, I can't imagine paying the full rack rate for them. Also, there are only three one-bedroom Cayena Suites, so they are usually booked by owners.

If you don't want/need a two-bedroom unit, but want to stay at Costa Linda, I'd check out Costa Linda's bulletin board and see if a three-bedroom owner is renting their lock off. You get a galley kitchen instead of a full kitchen, but it may be just what you're looking for.

Old Sunday, September 9th, 2007, 09:33 AM

Gretel is on a distinguished road

Could anyone tell me what the designations on the Resort layout mean? Suite Premier, Suite Supreme I or II, etc.?
Old Thursday, October 11th, 2007, 10:49 PM

juanitawee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretel View Post
Could anyone tell me what the designations on the Resort layout mean? Suite Premier, Suite Supreme I or II, etc.?
I'm sorry I do not have the answer to your question, however I think it is a very good question and am most interested to hear a reply. Also can anyone tell me if the all 3 bedroom units are beach front?

Last edited by juanitawee; Thursday, October 11th, 2007 at 10:52 PM. Reason: additional question
Old Sunday, October 14th, 2007, 04:55 PM

jkgott is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Week 39 & 40 pool/oceanview for sale

have 2 br unit on second floor of costa linda - facing pool and oceanview for sale. Make reasonable offer