Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Timeshare Owners' Corner > Aruba Grand/Riu

Aruba Grand/Riu This Forum is for Aruba Grand/Riu Owners to post/exchange information about their resort. To list PRIVATE rentals,please click here. To list PRIVATE sales, please click here.

Old Monday, April 28th, 2008, 08:48 AM

arubanut is on a distinguished road
Default Riu...April 2008(timeshare)

Well this was the first time back at (the Aruba grand) RIU.Been going every year since 1991,

Let me start off that ANY timeshare owner that does not take advantage of the ALL INCLUSIVE deal @ $50 a day all you can eat and drink is out of there mind. The great food and service at the RIU Palace is what it is all about.

The one thing we as owners do have a right to complain about is , the rooms need updating ! Our two bedroom suite on the 5th floor was clean and freshly painted but all the furnature is the same as when we bought back in “91.The table in the living room did not have a glass top to it! And the couch needs to be replaced, The kitchen counter should be replaced and their is an old microwave bracket on the wall under the cabinet.

Other than that the room was ok.

Now we all know the old Aruba Palm Beach Resort/Aruba Grand is gone, that nice little Quiet hotel we all loved so much and the staff we all called family…sad but true.

After a week at the RIU, I have to say the staff was amazing and so friendly , the service we got was GREAT. If you were at any of the bars they could not have served you any faster. The buffet was unbelievable so much food and desserts. We ate at the buffet most of the time except for two nights ,one night we did the japanese restaurant and one night at the steak house.

We discovered the first night that room service was also available till 11:00pm so we ordered night time desserts!(all part of the all inclusive)

We as well as the kids loved the pool, we could always get a place to sit pool or beach side.....

To see the rest of the trip report click the link below,this board will not let you post more then 4 images...

http://www.aruba-bb.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=57564

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Monday, April 28th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Riu...April 2008(timeshare)

great so far arubanut! since you requested it, we have added more picture ability. it has been doubled. so if you would like to continue your report in another post on this thread it is available to you. we hope to increase the capabilities again within a few short weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arubanut View Post
Well this was the first time back at (the Aruba grand) RIU.Been going every year since 1991,

Let me start off that ANY timeshare owner that does not take advantage of the ALL INCLUSIVE deal @ $50 a day all you can eat and drink is out of there mind. The great food and service at the RIU Palace is what it is all about.

The one thing we as owners do have a right to complain about is , the rooms need updating ! Our two bedroom suite on the 5th floor was clean and freshly painted but all the furnature is the same as when we bought back in “91.The table in the living room did not have a glass top to it! And the couch needs to be replaced, The kitchen counter should be replaced and their is an old microwave bracket on the wall under the cabinet.

Other than that the room was ok.

Now we all know the old Aruba Palm Beach Resort/Aruba Grand is gone, that nice little Quiet hotel we all loved so much and the staff we all called family…sad but true.

After a week at the RIU, I have to say the staff was amazing and so friendly , the service we got was GREAT. If you were at any of the bars they could not have served you any faster. The buffet was unbelievable so much food and desserts. We ate at the buffet most of the time except for two nights ,one night we did the japanese restaurant and one night at the steak house.

We discovered the first night that room service was also available till 11:00pm so we ordered night time desserts!(all part of the all inclusive)

We as well as the kids loved the pool, we could always get a place to sit pool or beach side.....

To see the rest of the trip report click the link below,this board will not let you post more then 4 images...

http://www.aruba-bb.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=57564

Old Tuesday, April 29th, 2008, 08:23 AM

rdharles is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Riu...April 2008(timeshare)

Thanks for the review, arubanut. No question furniture, etc. very outdated and in need of an upgrade. Our room (#170) was practically identical to how I left it before the construction stated. Unfortunately others were not so lucky (mold, appliances & furniture missing, etc.) I found the staff to be great as well, always extremely responsive (bell boys, front desk, maintenance). I have 32 years left on my contract and I'm in it for the long hall. Hoping an organized upgrade is in the works for the near future. We need to continue to push Julishka & Richard when we have problems and hold them responsible, to keep things moving forward at our home away from home. Here's to many more years.