Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Timeshare Owners' Corner > Marriott Surf Club

Marriott Surf Club This Forum is for Marriott Surf Club Owners to post/exchange information about their resort. To list PRIVATE rentals,please click here. To list PRIVATE sales, please click here.

Old Saturday, May 29th, 2010, 04:45 PM

sunscreen is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Just checked in......5/29

We read about the power shortage but apparently things are back to normal. Aside from lost luggage (we are sure it will show up), we flew Air Trans....... we've never seen the check in line this long!!!!!! It was backed up from the counter to the gift shop so about 20-30 deep, but as usual staff was very courteous. There is construction going on just past the lazy pool as they are building another pool. The weather is a bit hazy but other wise you already know why they call this the happiest island.

Off to Lings/Certified then ...........maybe to Smokey Joe's

Oh yes - they are doing construction work at the airport and many improved ammenities await you.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Saturday, May 29th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Just checked in......5/29

hi sun,

thanks for checking in. hope you give us more updates. i need them to keep me in an aruban frame of mind until august.

have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunscreen View Post
We read about the power shortage but apparently things are back to normal. Aside from lost luggage (we are sure it will show up), we flew Air Trans....... we've never seen the check in line this long!!!!!! It was backed up from the counter to the gift shop so about 20-30 deep, but as usual staff was very courteous. There is construction going on just past the lazy pool as they are building another pool. The weather is a bit hazy but other wise you already know why they call this the happiest island.

Off to Lings/Certified then ...........maybe to Smokey Joe's

Oh yes - they are doing construction work at the airport and many improved ammenities await you.
Old Saturday, May 29th, 2010, 06:45 PM

lmccollom is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: Just checked in......5/29

Hey Sunscreen.....where is the new pool going? Just curious....we will be there on Friday, so we can see for ourselves. Let us know how the pool chair situation is as soon as you have a chance to get a feel for it. Thanks!
Old Saturday, May 29th, 2010, 10:45 PM

Default Re: Just checked in......5/29

Hi IMC -
I've got to reduce my pic so it will be accessible via the forum. Hopefully I will have it avail in the am. Just imagine where the Lazy pool is ........the new construction is between the western tip of the pool and where the sand starts.
I recall last year they were doing construction to move the outdoor restaurant but I'll need to check it out.
Old Tuesday, June 1st, 2010, 06:12 PM

One Happy Island UPDATE ON ASC EXPAND.....Re: Just checked in......5/29

OK - sorry no pics......yet as I need to reduce to conform. The news on the expansion....going on as I write this is:

1. The pool being built between the current lazy pool and the beach is AN ADULTS ONLY POOL (18+) which will be a nice complement to the current set up. Various other improvements are on going and include great bar-b-ques (table top) plus picnic benches, etc. Also, and finally in between the Ocean Club and the Marriott Hotel will be a lap/olympic type pool for those wishing to exercise or have more of a traditional swim.

Signing out

Last edited by sunscreen; Tuesday, June 1st, 2010 at 06:14 PM. Reason: spelling