Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba in General

Aruba in General All general questions about Aruba.

Old Tuesday, March 31st, 2009, 08:27 AM
Aruba Expert

Eagle-Beach Boy is on a distinguished road
Default New Restaurant in San Nicolas?

I just read on "Aruba Today" that a new Bar- Restaurant opened in San Nicolas called the "Foxy Lady".

Any one have any news about it. Sounds like a place for Daniel / SanNic44 to check out.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Tuesday, March 31st, 2009, 08:35 AM
Almost Aruban Moderator

Elaine S is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: New Restaurant in San Nicolas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle-Beach Boy View Post
I just read on "Aruba Today" that a new Bar- Restaurant opened in San Nicolas called the "Foxy Lady".

Any one have any news about it. Sounds like a place for Daniel / SanNic44 to check out.
Or the Yap Yum Ho Hum girls from visitaruba.com. lol
Old Tuesday, March 31st, 2009, 12:15 PM
Aruba Expert

lizzardo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Restaurant in San Nicolas?

Saw the article on the other board - more like "playboy" meets
Nevada cathouses!
Old Thursday, April 2nd, 2009, 08:05 AM
Almost Aruban

charlierat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle-Beach Boy View Post

Just read that the Foxy Lady will be owned by Alex Mathew. I had to do a double-take. I thought Alex Mathew was pretty much persona non grata on Aruba.
Old Thursday, April 2nd, 2009, 08:33 AM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road

who is he?

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlierat View Post
Just read that the Foxy Lady will be owned by Alex Mathew. I had to do a double-take. I thought Alex Mathew was pretty much persona non grata on Aruba.
Old Thursday, April 2nd, 2009, 08:37 AM
Almost Aruban

charlierat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
who is he?
He was incarcerated on Aruba a few years ago for domestic violence. While in KIA, he assaulted and severely injured a warden. He was deported and eventually wound up in Rhode Island, where he started blogging negative things about Aruba. I guess he buried the hatchet.
Old Thursday, April 2nd, 2009, 09:44 AM

Linda744 is on a distinguished road
One Happy Island Re: New Restaurant in San Nicolas?

if he didn't bury the hatchet, he paid someone an awful lot of money to open the club - and it could be his revenge undercover.
Old Saturday, June 12th, 2010, 06:17 PM

dr_legal_ignition is on a distinguished road
Default Alex Mathew

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzardo View Post
Saw the article on the other board - more like "playboy" meets
Nevada cathouses!
Well,

I'm not sure if there's any relevance but my business associates from the Shanghai, and Puerto Rico flew over to Aruba and received a referral to Foxy. Not only is it operated by airheads, we overheard Mathews, and this guy Mike discussing the coordination of the illegal transportation of girls from Venezuela. The stunning part is that the cops present for their own entertainment joked around about Mike, Mathews and some other guys about their previous prison time and how they are best buddies now. It's not a place one should recommend to do professional and legit business. Furthermore, you can't expect much of a joint like Foxy if it's management is a little girl with no education or brain capacity, and two ex cons.
The next night we cruised on a yacht and spoke with some of the local officers who shared with us that Mathews wife lives with two of his kids in RI, he has an ex in Holland with more kids,and he's with a little girl on Aruba who for a lack of brain capacity refers to herself as Mrs. Mathew apparrently with consent of the legal Mrs. Ariana Mathew as the intelligent threesome are seen on the island on many occasions. Way to go, it's great marketing for Aruba......... the officials were ashamed of the whole situation; and I would be humiliated too if Mathew and his clan are " role models or parameters for what Aruba is about...
Old Sunday, June 13th, 2010, 06:41 PM

arubanut is on a distinguished road

Anyone need a job...

Quote:
Beautiful Female Bartenders Wanted
Foxy Lady Aruba is offering an opportunity of a lifetime for young outgoing females that are looking to get away from the hum drum of everyday and do something fun and exciting. Our upscale strip-club and one and only premier adult entertainment lounge in Aruba is seeking bartenders to work for a period of 6 months. No experience necessary. Travel expenses are fully paid for. Get away from the cold and slip into Aruba’s warm tropical weather sun-kissed beaches. If you’re young, beautiful, tall and model-like then this opportunity is for you. Please send your information such as age, height, weight, nationality and availability to foxyladyaruba@gmail.com . Must also send photos to be considered. For more information you may also visit our Face Book Fan Page “Foxy Lady Aruba”.

FOXY LADY ARUBA | Facebook
Old Monday, June 14th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Aruba Expert

JohnJT is on a distinguished road

Adventuresome people may find decent places in San Nicolaas...like the former Promenade...and even Charlie's Bar (in daylight). We went for years when we first visited in the 80's and 90's.
Just my opinion, but you have to have a little specific knowledge to enjoy 'downtown' San Nicolaas...especially after dark.
In my mind, there's a reason why the Promenade moved up to the Sun Plaza (low-rise) area.
Maybe we can hire Daniel (SanNic44) for a guided tour?
Old Monday, June 14th, 2010, 08:47 PM

jawz is on a distinguished road

HAVE I GOT NEWS FOR YOU ~
Old Tuesday, June 15th, 2010, 07:55 AM
Aruba Expert

ArubaAmy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJT View Post
Adventuresome people may find decent places in San Nicolaas...like the former Promenade...and even Charlie's Bar (in daylight). We went for years when we first visited in the 80's and 90's.
Just my opinion, but you have to have a little specific knowledge to enjoy 'downtown' San Nicolaas...especially after dark.
In my mind, there's a reason why the Promenade moved up to the Sun Plaza (low-rise) area.
Maybe we can hire Daniel (SanNic44) for a guided tour?
We've been to San Nicolas many times in the past (we go to Charlie's a couple of times a year.) Last year we hung out with Daniel and his wife and saw alot more of the town than I've ever seen - we had a great time and it was interesting to see a different side, so to speak. I'm always up for a new adventure and like to get out of the touristy areas.

26th trip to Aruba: April 2012
27th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2012
Old Tuesday, June 15th, 2010, 09:53 PM
Aruba Expert

roschone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArubaAmy View Post
We've been to San Nicolas many times in the past (we go to Charlie's a couple of times a year.) Last year we hung out with Daniel and his wife and saw alot more of the town than I've ever seen - we had a great time and it was interesting to see a different side, so to speak. I'm always up for a new adventure and like to get out of the touristy areas.
We always go to San Nicolas on our vacation for the same reasons Amy mentioned, and most of the times more than once. We always have a good time - definitely a different feel there. 4 or 5 years ago, we were even given a personal walking tour of just about every establishment in town by Rodger (remember him from the Alhambra? The greeter?). And I'm guessing he must be the equivalent of the Mayor of San Nic, because we were introduced and treated like royalty. Mostly we visit during the day, but a few times at night. I can feel a difference there at night, but I'm never actually afraid. However, I'm guessing there could be trouble at night because a few of the bars/restaurants actually had to "buzz" us in, and only after they saw Rodger. I really like visiting there, and we always catch up on the local news with the bartenders at Charlie's.
Old Wednesday, June 30th, 2010, 07:59 AM

aaahruba is on a distinguished road

Roger!!!! I miss him from the Alhambra. Was wondering where he went to.

Old Wednesday, June 30th, 2010, 08:15 AM
Aruba Expert

lizzardo is on a distinguished road

I love the guy who calls bingo at the Alhambra. I think he's still there.
Crack up every time I hear the phrase 'chicken legs'! LOL!
Old Wednesday, June 30th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road

roger was very sick and that's why he left. hopefully one of our on island resources can find out about him. he was a totally nice guy. rarely did people get to talk to him but he was a race car driver. the night murray walked in with an indy shirt on roger couldn't stop talking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaahruba View Post
Roger!!!! I miss him from the Alhambra. Was wondering where he went to.
Old Wednesday, June 30th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Aruba Expert

roschone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
roger was very sick and that's why he left. hopefully one of our on island resources can find out about him. he was a totally nice guy. rarely did people get to talk to him but he was a race car driver. the night murray walked in with an indy shirt on roger couldn't stop talking.

The year before last, we visited Rodger at his sister's home after having lunch together at Charlie's. He looked wonderful, although he's on dialysis 3 times a week. He seemed to take this totally in stride and was unbelievably happy about life. He actually answered our call while he was having his treatment telling us to wait for him at Charlie's and he would be there straight away (Aruba time = 2 hours later). His attitude is still terrific and he dreams about the day he can actually return to the Alhambra!!! He's still his jolly happy self. He gave us his new cell phone number that year, but when we called it this past March there was no answer and no voicemail. So of course we were worried, but the bartenders at Charlie's said he still comes in for lunch 1-2 times a week and is doing fine. Unfortunately, we didn't go to Charlie's early in our vacation so we had less chance of finding him. We had these crazy directions both to his house and his sister's and were sure we could find the house, but we drove around for hours getting more and more lost. Sure missed seeing him but was at least glad to hear he was doing well.

Something I never knew about him, he is about 70 years old - and that was a couple of years ago. Who knew?