Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Timeshare Owners' Corner > Aruba Grand/Riu

Aruba Grand/Riu This Forum is for Aruba Grand/Riu Owners to post/exchange information about their resort. To list PRIVATE rentals,please click here. To list PRIVATE sales, please click here.

Old Friday, August 11th, 2006, 08:38 PM
Aruba Expert

LynnS is on a distinguished road
Default Just returned- update

I do not have pictures to post but we did go to the Grand last week.Work is progressing- buildings are going up quickly- I can't believe they are putting a building up so close to the road. Wondering where parking will be. They were putting some type of frame work on the outside of the main building- maybe to do work on the balconies. We couldn't find anyone to talk with.
Went to a restaurant and we were told that they had $200 million to spend and that they HAD to be done on time.

Saw Erna (from the timeshare office) she went to work on a Thurs. was given a letter and told not to return the next day. Richard is the only one still there. I asked Erna who we could contact for info and other than Richard she had no idea. I asked if we could contact Lisa Boyle since we were led to believe they kept control of the timeshares- she said Lisa is not involved- her dad sold everything. I really did not get a "good feeling" from her.Could be because she was let go but she did not have a lot of positive things to say about Riu. We are going to try and get info- again- from Riu- have sent many emails with NO response. Maybe will try Richard. I will keep you posted.
Old Wednesday, August 16th, 2006, 12:32 PM

lindaspooky is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Just returned- update

Lynn,

Thanks for the update. We won't be there until November and will post our notes then. Hopefully others who have visited will also post.

The Riu site shows an opening date of summer 2007. Let's hope they do keep to their schedule.

Linda
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Wednesday, August 16th, 2006, 03:09 PM
Aruba Expert

LynnS is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Just returned- update

I had an email from Richard- he said they are ahead of schedule and opening might be Aug.2007. Also said Riu will honor all club members contracts.