Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Timeshare Owners' Corner > Divi Phoenix Resort

Divi Phoenix Resort This Forum is for Divi Phoenix Resort Owners to post/exchange information about their resort. To list PRIVATE rentals,please click here. To list PRIVATE sales, please click here.

Old Friday, August 24th, 2007, 09:45 AM

lemarier is on a distinguished road
Default 36 days til Phoenix

We have only 36 days til our first time at our new timeshare at the Phoenix!! So much great information here. Thanks to all who take the time to answer the posts.

While we have a studio unit we will be returning in January with our two "kids" (23 and 19) and are renting a one bedroom. Can anyone tell me (or show me) what this unit will be like - with 4 adults I am hoping we have a bit bigger living space than the studio - I know there is a bedroom and 2 baths (at least I hope 2 baths) - but is there still a bed and pull out sofa in the living area? It is any bigger than the studio? what about the kitchen dining area? Also I am hoping there are other college age families on the island. For a January 4-12 week should I be making dinner reservations in advance for 4? Madame J's? Also we have rented a sub-compact car - will this be okay for 4 people?

thanks to all - can't wait
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Friday, August 24th, 2007, 07:40 PM
Aruba Expert

droykelly is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 36 days til Phoenix

There are two different one bedroom units in the tower. They both sleep four with a king size bed in the bedroom and a queen size sofa bed in the living area. the smaller of the two is in the front of the tower (facing the street), has one lanai off the bedroom and one bath. The larger one is in the middle. It has two lanais, one off the bedroom and the other off the living area. It has a bath and a half, not two full baths. You may be able to get a roll-a-way brought in, but it will be a very tight fit in the smaller one bedroom. When our kids were traveling with us, we found it worked out better to get two studios. Four adults and one shower can make getting ready for dinner a bit stressful and we all like our privacy. I can't help much with what the garden units might offer. We stayed in a one bedroom, one bath for a couple of days several years ago and then moved to the tower. As I recall, it was comparable in size to the smaller tower unit. I can't remember if it had one lanai or two.

A sub-compact is okay for four if you're not doing a lot of driving/riding and don't mind being a bit uncomfortable. The back doesn't offer much leg room. If you're not all real tall, or large, you can manage with a sub compact. Fitting four of you and the luggage will probably be impossible. You might want to take a taxi to the Phoenix and have the rental company pick you up.

January is high season. I would definitely make reservations for MJ's ahead of time.

Have a great trip.......... both of them!

I will not sit on the porch and watch life go by without participating!
Old Friday, August 24th, 2007, 09:26 PM

daka630 is on a distinguished road

Here is a tower floorplan that may help visualize the units' layout.

hth
Old Monday, August 27th, 2007, 03:46 PM

Thanks for your posts - I think we will be fine with the 1 bedroom as we do have the 2 baths -
Great Chart!!
Old Monday, August 27th, 2007, 03:47 PM

One more questions - our regular week is in Unite 1304 - I am assuming that that would be the sunset view "04" - there are 14 floors so we would be second from the top - is that a decent view room?
Old Monday, August 27th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Aruba Expert

The view from your unit will be fantastic.

Not to put a damper on things (or harp), but you did notice that the big one bedroom does not have two full baths, didn't you? The full bath is in the bedroom. The other has only a sink and hopper.

Old Monday, August 27th, 2007, 09:44 PM

daka630 is on a distinguished road

The tower 1304 unit, a studio, will (indeed!) have a view.
I have marked up some photos and parked 'em on the web.
they may be of use as a reference.
One (of the "sunset" side of the tower) indicates 1304's location.
http://www.geocities.com/divi_aruba/pages/01phx.html
Old Tuesday, August 28th, 2007, 08:48 AM

That is a great photo and very helpful - thanks so much for posting and "marking" it. I didn't realize 1304 would be on the side of the new construction but I remember now that the balcony curves to face the ocean. Hopefully it won't be too noisy to sit out there.

And now I also "remember" about the bathrooms - I remember when booking there was another unit that was "better" but that I did have two bathrooms - I guess the "better" was the two FULL bathrooms!!! Oh well as least we will have a deck (and cocktail) to "wait" for the shower. Where 1304 has a great view - I will assum that the one bedroom with 1.5 baths doesn't?

Again thanks for the info.

kathy
Old Tuesday, August 28th, 2007, 09:49 PM
Aruba Expert

Kathy, Your studio unit is not on the construction side. The construction is on the Westin side (Palm Beach), you're on the Eagle Beach side (Sunset).

All of the tower units have had pretty good views except for the lowest floors. Rooms start on four which has an obstructed view. It's blocked by the garden units. I've never stayed on five but I expect the view would be only fair, also because of the garden units. From six to fourteen, the sunset views are great. Naturally, the higher you are, the better it gets.

I'm not sure of the Palm Beach/Lighthouse side especially with the new buildings and the Riu. My best guess would be the studios (03) won't be adversely affected. The large one bedroom (02) should have at least one lanai with a decent view. The second lanai in the 02 and the 01 units may take a big hit.

The long and short of it................. Your unit is on the side that's not affected by the building and it's Aruba................ you can't do better than that!

Old Wednesday, August 29th, 2007, 09:59 AM

sounds wonderful - one month from today . . .