Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Timeshare Owners' Corner > Aruba Renaissance Suites

Aruba Renaissance Suites This Forum is for Aruba Renaissance Suites Owners to post/exchange information about their resort. To list PRIVATE rentals,please click here. To list PRIVATE sales, please click here.

Old Thursday, March 5th, 2009, 11:33 AM

Aruba Poppi is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Interval International??

HI, Has any-one had any problems with Interval International?? It seems that it gets harder to exchange a deposit week with them. Not only does it costs more money, but they seem to give you a hard time as to the exchange.
I wonder if we can get out of their domain, and work directly with the Hotel? I'm willing to pay extra to the Hotel than with them.
Just picking every-one's mind, on this matter.
Thanks, Poppi
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Thursday, March 5th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Interval International??

poppi, it sounds like they are trying to catch up with RCI. i used to believe that the timeshare exchange companies were a great idea but they get worse and worse. i no long belong to either of them nor do i plan to ever use them. the highest airfare i was ever quoted was thru RCI and they couldn't accomodate my week although that timeshare was almost empty that week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruba Poppi View Post
HI, Has any-one had any problems with Interval International?? It seems that it gets harder to exchange a deposit week with them. Not only does it costs more money, but they seem to give you a hard time as to the exchange.
I wonder if we can get out of their domain, and work directly with the Hotel? I'm willing to pay extra to the Hotel than with them.
Just picking every-one's mind, on this matter.
Thanks, Poppi
Old Thursday, March 5th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Almost Aruban

Corrine is on a distinguished road

Never a problem for me! I have exchanged for Vegas, PA and Hilton Head. I have exchanged my April unit for other months in Aruba as well. So easy to do online!

Old Thursday, March 5th, 2009, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine View Post
Never a problem for me! I have exchanged for Vegas, PA and Hilton Head. I have exchanged my April unit for other months in Aruba as well. So easy to do online!
Corine, Yes they have no problem giving me accommodations in Aruba, but not where I own. They make you wait, till one opens up. I just received a call from Interval, asking me if I wanted another Hotel? I explained that My other family members will be at the Rennaisance, and that I want to be there also.
Old Thursday, March 5th, 2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
poppi, it sounds like they are trying to catch up with RCI. i used to believe that the timeshare exchange companies were a great idea but they get worse and worse. i no long belong to either of them nor do i plan to ever use them. the highest airfare i was ever quoted was thru RCI and they couldn't accomodate my week although that timeshare was almost empty that week.
Cherry, how did you get rid of your exchange company? The Rennaissance, tells me that they only work with Interval. They do not work with individual owners.
Old Thursday, March 5th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road

anyone can rent anywhere. you just can't exchange. i just don't exchange. i rent. however, i know people that post to rent or exchange a unit and have success doing that. at least i know i will get what i want. i own at costa linda and i look on the costa linda for a unit for the time i want. this year i found one at a very reasonable price and i am quite happy. i no longer belong to interval or rci and am thrilled that i can make my choices myself. i know some people have luck with these companies but i know we didn't and neither have friends of mine who own several weeks worth of timeshares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruba Poppi View Post
Cherry, how did you get rid of your exchange company? The Rennaissance, tells me that they only work with Interval. They do not work with individual owners.
Old Thursday, March 5th, 2009, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
anyone can rent anywhere. you just can't exchange. i just don't exchange. i rent. however, i know people that post to rent or exchange a unit and have success doing that. at least i know i will get what i want. i own at costa linda and i look on the costa linda for a unit for the time i want. this year i found one at a very reasonable price and i am quite happy. i no longer belong to interval or rci and am thrilled that i can make my choices myself. i know some people have luck with these companies but i know we didn't and neither have friends of mine who own several weeks worth of timeshares.
Great! I understand. I think I'll be doing the same thing after this year. Sherry, Thank You very much!!!
I'll be in Aruba from October 23-November 6. Can't wait!
Poppi
Old Thursday, March 5th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Aruba Expert

Kent is on a distinguished road
One Happy Island Re: Interval International??

I have been with II for 20 years and Rci for 3 years. II is great compare to Rci. You need to do a request first. Call II and tell them the week you have and tell them the week you want. They will keep looking for you. If you are not going until Oct. You have a long time. Alot of rooms come availible 2 months prior to check-in. Kent

29th trip Nov 4th for 5 months!!
Snorkeling at Mangel Halto, day or night, using "bladefish water scooters", reasonable pricing, all equip provided and transport from your resort. Also free pics and a cd with over 200 Aruba pics.Email Kent Gerber at kentgerber@adamswells.com or Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call local: 745-7459 or visit:
www.arubabobsnorkeling.com
Old Thursday, March 5th, 2009, 06:04 PM

Smile Re: Interval International??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
I have been with II for 20 years and Rci for 3 years. II is great compare to Rci. You need to do a request first. Call II and tell them the week you have and tell them the week you want. They will keep looking for you. If you are not going until Oct. You have a long time. Alot of rooms come availible 2 months prior to check-in. Kent
Thank You , Kent. I already put a request, and I'm waiting. Hopefully by October I'll have a match?
Poppi
Old Friday, March 6th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Almost Aruban

Poppi- I do exchange for my home resort (LaCabana).

I cannot have my home resort for the extra week given to me for free when I bank my week. Could that be the problem?

Old Friday, March 6th, 2009, 03:49 PM

Hi Corrine, I do understand, I pay a fee from Interval for the exchange. However, what I have a problem with, is that they give you a hard time in getting your home resort, after I deposit it. You see, I feel that, since I pay my maintenance fee( $ 586.00), for the year, I should deserve to get the same week at my home resort, when I want it. They don't seem to understand, that people want to spend the total time in Aruba at the same resort. Especially since they have the extra week available. I also understand that I have to wait for a week to be available at the resort. Thank You ! for your reply, Poppi
Old Friday, March 6th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Almost Aruban

Ah, gotcha Poppi!

Unfortunately this is one way they can make money. LaCabana itself used to have an exchange program at no fee. They did away with it. I still can exchange privately on their BB, but sometimes it is just too much darn trouble!

Old Sunday, March 8th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Aruba Expert

LynnS is on a distinguished road

I think it helps if you keep calling II. Sometimes you get lucky and they have a week that has not been put into the inventory. I called a few times a week till I got what I wanted.
It may be early for Oct.
Old Saturday, March 14th, 2009, 06:09 PM

bhoffdhoff is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: Interval International??

Be patient, Aruba Poppi.I always get my trade w/II. I deposit first, then request. I usually make my request very early. I wait months, then, about 4 - 6 mo. before our trip, our trade comes through. Has never failed. I hope this helps.

Bobbie
Old Friday, March 20th, 2009, 07:37 PM

JustinTime is on a distinguished road

Hello Everyone,

I'd like to start by saying I sell timeshare in Orlando, FLA for FantasyWorld II and I truly do believe in the product because I own a unit myself and I use it quite often. The thing everyone needs to understand about II and RCI both, is that it depends on WHERE your HOME RESORT is located. If you own a week in the Bahamas during hurricane season do you think you are going to get a great exchange? HELL NO. When you decide to purchase next time, think about where you're buying and what you're buying. For example, Orlando, FLA.. EVERYONE and their mother wants to come and see Mickey Mouse at good ol' Disney World, not to mention the other 100 attractions we have here, so this means Orlando has exchange "POWER".. Las Vegas as well has exchange "POWER."... so next time you guys buy a week, purchase it in a #1 destination.
Old Monday, March 23rd, 2009, 10:47 AM

rocheles is on a distinguished road

Hi,
First of all I have never had a bad experience with II.
I have always been able to exchange in most cases for
a better unit.

The question I have for Justintime is.
HOW DO I SELL MY TIMESHARE IN KISSIMEE, FLORIDA.
NICE PLACE, BUT HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO SELL.
ANY SUGESTIONS?
I HAVE PURCHASED TOO MANY
7 ARUBA
1 KISSIMEE, FL
1 MYRTLE BEACH S.C.

RAE
Old Wednesday, March 25th, 2009, 08:04 PM

Well, I finally received a confirmation from II. I have to say that they did a good job!! I'll be at the Rennaissance, from 10/23 to 11/06. Thank you all for your opinions.
Aruba Poppi
Old Tuesday, April 21st, 2009, 04:21 AM

Ralf is on a distinguished road

Last month there were many weeks available between de 1st of August till the 30th of September. If I look today, there are only 6 weeks available.
Isn't strange in two resorts?

(Or is my Internet Explorer 8 crappy )
Old Tuesday, April 21st, 2009, 04:12 PM
Almost Aruban

No! When you see something that works for you on an exchange, you need to grab it asap! Exchanges can go pretty quickly!

Old Thursday, February 25th, 2010, 10:24 PM

classiclincoln is on a distinguished road

Hi to all,

I just joined this site (finding it by accident) because I I just signed a contract to buy a week at the Ren. We stayed there a few years ago (got Xmas week by swapping our Marriott Grande Vista) and loved it. Really wanted to buy, and with the economy where it is, we got a great deal. This is our third TS (Grande Vista gold and Grande Chateau platinum) and we've been exchanging with II for about 6 years now. Maybe I can shed some light and offer some tips.

The exchanges are based on availability. If we want week 51 at the Ren, and no one gives one up, you are not going to get one. So, the earlier you put in your request, the better. We typically deposit and request in June or July for the following year week 51. Sometimes we get it quick (within a month) and other times we get it later. Our first year was the only year we didn't get our request (Atlantis in the Bahamas week 51). The latest we ever got our request was 6 months before we went. So far, we've traded into Grande Vista, The Ren, Playa Del Sol in Puerto Vallarta and last year the Four Seasons in Portugal (all week 51).

As JustinTime noted, trading power is everything. After we got back from the Ren, we started looking for units there on Ebay. Nothing available, but we saw a platinum week at Grande Chateau that was (at the time) extremely cheap. We bought it mostly for trading power (platinum in Vegas is any week except New Year's Week.

For what it's worth, I'd use the on line request. This does a few things; first, it's slightly cheaper. Second, if you request one resort and you really want to request a lot, you can always call in and give them the "I'm trying to add more locations on line and I'm having a problem" line and they'll add the other locations without charging you. Also, what I do, (again, for what it's worth) is check the on line availability often, something may pop up that you want. For example, we put in our requests last July for week 51 2010. We only requested locations that had 2 BR units, because that's what we really want. However, if a unit at the Ren opens up, we just might take it. BUT, if we were willing to accept a 1 BR unit and one comes up someplace and we take it, we could loose out on another location with a 2 bR unit. As many people noted earlier, patience.

I will say that II does nickel and dime you with fees ($39 to put someone else's name on a reservation) and when you call, try asking for the Marriott desk; I think they are better trained and nicer.

Like I said, I'm new here and hope this helps. I'd be more than willing to further explain to give some insight or tips.

Thanks!

Stu
Old Thursday, February 25th, 2010, 10:38 PM
Almost Aruban

ruba4ever is on a distinguished road

Welcome Stu....and thanks for the info. We appreciate the help. We deal with II, but my husband does it. I get to confused by it all. But I do know that we have never had any trouble trading. Been to Grande Vista ( loved it). And how is this for coincidence, we also own at Grand Chateau. Small world isn't it. Haven't been there yet....hoping to go sometime soon.
Again, welcome to the board...come often and offer your input...
ruba