Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba in General

Aruba in General All general questions about Aruba.

Old Saturday, August 22nd, 2009, 09:20 AM
Almost Aruban Moderator

Elaine S is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: hi from aruba

Glad you're home safely, and sorry about the luggage, but what the hell, good thing it happened on the way home!! lol

Relax....
Old Saturday, August 22nd, 2009, 09:29 AM
Almost Aruban

ruba4ever is on a distinguished road
Default Re: hi from aruba

Glad you made it home safe and sound. Take it easy and recuperate. We'll wait....

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Saturday, August 22nd, 2009, 04:13 PM
Aruba Expert

JohnJT is on a distinguished road

Always good to go away (especially Aruba), but always good to be home.
Hope it is not too much pain to be missing luggage when you are home again...nothing that is sorely, immediately needed.
I think is worse to get TO your destination without luggage.
Our son's luggage was somehow taken off at an intermediate stop in June...same plane with 1-stop. They told him it was on the next plane (3 hours later), but it took more than 48 hours to deliver it. He was staying 75 miles from the airport (South Carolina not Aruba). A week's vacation without clothes is not fun.
Old Sunday, August 23rd, 2009, 08:22 AM
Aruba Expert

Kent is on a distinguished road
One Happy Island Re: hi from aruba

Plan your next trip so you don't get down. Kent

29th trip Nov 4th for 5 months!!
Snorkeling at Mangel Halto, day or night, using "bladefish water scooters", reasonable pricing, all equip provided and transport from your resort. Also free pics and a cd with over 200 Aruba pics.Email Kent Gerber at kentgerber@adamswells.com or Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call local: 745-7459 or visit:
www.arubabobsnorkeling.com
Old Sunday, August 23rd, 2009, 08:57 AM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road

the luggage story. no luggage appeared before 11 pm when we went to bed. however, at 1:20 am some weird gravel voiced guy called, scaring the living hell out of me. he had our baggage and was delivering it within the hour. he had our name right after three tries and after i corrected him several times he got our address right. he was confused enough and his voice was scary enough that i actually called AA to verify that they had a driver running around in the middle of the night delivering baggage. they verified that in 4 or 5 east coast markets they deliver 24/7 and ours was being delivered. a few minutes later, this guy was here with the luggage.

this morning i wrote to AA with a suggestion/complaint. the complaint was that he scared the living crap out of us calling in the middle of the night and the suggestion was that they not allow anyone to scare the living crap out of anyone else in the middle of the night. i was very polite, lol, but needed to make the suggestion/complaint since i am sitting here bleary eyed this morning.

so, i want your opinion... 24/7 delivery or maybe a shut off between 11 pm and 7 am?
Old Sunday, August 23rd, 2009, 01:37 PM

bhoffdhoff is on a distinguished road

The last time we came home from Germany, we had one bag missing. I think we flew Northworst. Anyway, our bag was delivered to our house some time in the middle of the night...w/no phone call!! At least we got it.

Bobbie
Old Sunday, August 23rd, 2009, 07:12 PM
Almost Aruban

Corrine is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
the luggage story. no luggage appeared before 11 pm when we went to bed. however, at 1:20 am some weird gravel voiced guy called, scaring the living hell out of me. he had our baggage and was delivering it within the hour. he had our name right after three tries and after i corrected him several times he got our address right. he was confused enough and his voice was scary enough that i actually called AA to verify that they had a driver running around in the middle of the night delivering baggage. they verified that in 4 or 5 east coast markets they deliver 24/7 and ours was being delivered. a few minutes later, this guy was here with the luggage.

this morning i wrote to AA with a suggestion/complaint. the complaint was that he scared the living crap out of us calling in the middle of the night and the suggestion was that they not allow anyone to scare the living crap out of anyone else in the middle of the night. i was very polite, lol, but needed to make the suggestion/complaint since i am sitting here bleary eyed this morning.

so, i want your opinion... 24/7 delivery or maybe a shut off between 11 pm and 7 am?

I would say shut off after 11pm - but communicate that to us first!