Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba in General

Aruba in General All general questions about Aruba.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old Thursday, March 18th, 2010, 06:36 PM
arubanut's Avatar
arubanut arubanut is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: April 26th, 2004
Location: Long Island,NY
Posts: 117
arubanut is on a distinguished road
Default NH...This could be big?

Dont yell at me...but this might be something...

Turista Mericano ta sospecha di a saca potret di un skelet bou lama na Aruba
Patti Muldowney di 62 anja di edad, un turista mericano di Rapho Township, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania a bin pa dilanti cu un foto cu e la saca durante su dilaster vakantie na Aruba. E turista a declara na LancasterOnline.com cu e ta sospecha cu ta trata di e curpa di Natalee Holloway. Click lesa mas pa mira e fotonan.....

The body of Natalee Holloway?
Skeleton found in Aruba waters
Local coupl's vacation pictures could show skeleton of missing teen.
YouTube - The body of Natalee Holloway? Skeleton found in Aruba waters



.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #2  
Old Thursday, March 18th, 2010, 07:26 PM
arubanut's Avatar
arubanut arubanut is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: April 26th, 2004
Location: Long Island,NY
Posts: 117
arubanut is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NH...This could be big?

Or is it just rocks, we will just have to wait and see.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #3  
Old Thursday, March 18th, 2010, 07:32 PM
dwippies's Avatar
dwippies dwippies is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: April 15th, 2004
Age: 49
Posts: 8,821
dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NH...This could be big?

reminds me of Jesus pictures on toast or bagels, lol. we can imagine anything that we want. maybe i'm a 'show me' kind of person but the possibility of the bones being together after 5 years of storms, sea creatures brushing into them, and flotsam and jetsam ramming them is somewhere between slim and none.

sorry, i am a skeptic big time but i bet 'news' shows in the states will pick it up and run with it for as long as they can to get their ratings up. 30 seconds of facts will be followed by 2 hours daily of speculation. much of it will do nothing but leave me sleepless as lead moderator of an aruban forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arubanut View Post
Or is it just rocks, we will just have to wait and see.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #4  
Old Thursday, March 18th, 2010, 07:36 PM
arubanut's Avatar
arubanut arubanut is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: April 26th, 2004
Location: Long Island,NY
Posts: 117
arubanut is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NH...This could be big?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
...nothing but leave me sleepless as lead moderator of an aruban forum.
Just thought i would help you out
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #5  
Old Thursday, March 18th, 2010, 07:58 PM
dwippies's Avatar
dwippies dwippies is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: April 15th, 2004
Age: 49
Posts: 8,821
dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NH...This could be big?

hahahahaha... i love you too...hahahahaha.

oh well, that leaves me more awake hours and less awake time to do my wii fit plus. i can use it as an excuse though, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arubanut View Post
Just thought i would help you out
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #6  
Old Thursday, March 18th, 2010, 08:04 PM
ruba4ever's Avatar
ruba4ever ruba4ever is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: May 15th, 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 1,881
ruba4ever is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NH...This could be big?

arubanut...nice to know you have our queens back!!! I will stand behind sherry with whatever she decides will become the course of action during this new developement. I know from the past, when she had to deal with this sad and tragic story, she kept it facts only, and no pushing or hair pulling was allowed. I think I will be safe in saying the same rules will apply again if this does indeed become news worthy and a thread that will remain open.
I will take a wait and see attitude on this....I don't really think anything could last that long in the water either...especially in such perfect order. But as sherry said...the mind can see anything if a suggestion is made to it. That would be wonderful if it was indeed NH (then this could be put to rest and the family could have the closure it deserves)......but for now we will have to wait and see what comes of this and let the professionals handle it.
ruba
__________________
Only happy people allowed!













































Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #7  
Old Thursday, March 18th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Elaine S's Avatar
Elaine S Elaine S is offline
Almost Aruban Moderator
 
Join Date: April 26th, 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 6,954
Elaine S is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: NH...This could be big?

Good post, ruba.
__________________
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #8  
Old Thursday, March 18th, 2010, 08:43 PM
dwippies's Avatar
dwippies dwippies is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: April 15th, 2004
Age: 49
Posts: 8,821
dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NH...This could be big?

amen! good going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine S View Post
Good post, ruba.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #9  
Old Thursday, March 18th, 2010, 09:36 PM
ruba4ever's Avatar
ruba4ever ruba4ever is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: May 15th, 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 1,881
ruba4ever is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NH...This could be big?

Thanks ladies.....I just speak what I know to be true. Any new members that didn't live through the past would have no idea what to make of this when it becomes full blown and we don't allow bashing and name calling and the like. So.......they have a heads up on what to expect (or not). We will keep it respectful at all costs.
ruba
And on another note....how about Tiger returning to golf??
__________________
Only happy people allowed!













































Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #10  
Old Thursday, March 18th, 2010, 09:48 PM
dwippies's Avatar
dwippies dwippies is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: April 15th, 2004
Age: 49
Posts: 8,821
dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NH...This could be big?

hmmmmm, tiger woods? well, imho, although what he did was disgusting, it is between him and his wife and is actually none of our business and it has nothing at all to do with his talent as a golfer any more than john edwards behavior has to do with his ability to be good at making decisions that have nothing to do with his anatomy. i am as much offended by the fact that we intrude on private lives as i am by the behavior of the rich and powerful. however, his talent makes people watch and his behavior makes people root for the other guys. i guess in the sport of golf that's a win-win situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruba4ever View Post
Thanks ladies.....I just speak what I know to be true. Any new members that didn't live through the past would have no idea what to make of this when it becomes full blown and we don't allow bashing and name calling and the like. So.......they have a heads up on what to expect (or not). We will keep it respectful at all costs.
ruba
And on another note....how about Tiger returning to golf??
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #11  
Old Thursday, March 18th, 2010, 10:05 PM
ruba4ever's Avatar
ruba4ever ruba4ever is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: May 15th, 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 1,881
ruba4ever is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NH...This could be big?

Well said sherry...couldn't have said it better. I agree with you 100%. I don't approve of what Tiger did...but it is none of my business. And I'm tired of the media telling me it is. He owes me nothing...he puts no food on my table nor does he pay my bills. I hate that people rely on other people's misery for there fun. Same for any other high profile person. I feel really bad for Sandra Bullock though. She put her heart out there on display for the whole world to see and proclaimed her love over and over for Jesse James and has had it crushed two weeks after the most amazing time of her life. But again....not my life to live.
I think the Masters will be a media circus and it will be interesting to see how it plays out. I will be watching not for the circus...but because I like to watch Tiger golf. Always have.....and I'm not a big golf fan...but I live with one...and Tiger has always made the game fun to watch.



SEE HOW I CHANGED THE SUBJECT ???







Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
hmmmmm, tiger woods? well, imho, although what he did was disgusting, it is between him and his wife and is actually none of our business and it has nothing at all to do with his talent as a golfer any more than john edwards behavior has to do with his ability to be good at making decisions that have nothing to do with his anatomy. i am as much offended by the fact that we intrude on private lives as i am by the behavior of the rich and powerful. however, his talent makes people watch and his behavior makes people root for the other guys. i guess in the sport of golf that's a win-win situation.
__________________
Only happy people allowed!













































Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #12  
Old Thursday, March 18th, 2010, 10:41 PM
arubanut's Avatar
arubanut arubanut is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: April 26th, 2004
Location: Long Island,NY
Posts: 117
arubanut is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NH...This could be big?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruba4ever View Post
...Tiger has always made the game fun to watch.



SEE HOW I CHANGED THE SUBJECT ???

Very true!

I hope Tiger does well this April at the Masters!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #13  
Old Friday, March 19th, 2010, 10:46 AM
ArubaMary's Avatar
ArubaMary ArubaMary is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: March 7th, 2006
Posts: 879
ArubaMary is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NH...This could be big?

There's not too much for me to add when you have spoken with so much feeling. Regarding what has been supposedly seen on the floor of the Caribbean it is my belief also that no bones would remain intact after all this time. The sea animals devour skeletal remains --- as far as Tiger is concerned-----I too agree that it is not my business what he does in his private life. I respect his athletic prowess and to see his and his family's privacy torn apart is a travesty. The media, as we all know, love to kick people when they are down. It will be very difficult for Tiger to appear in the Master's and I wish him the best. As far as his marriage, etc. I hope he and his wife can put this mess behind them and make a go of their marriage. I too feel so bad for Sandra Bullock. The t.v. keeps showing her speech as she accepted her academy award where she pours out her love for her husband. So very sad.
__________________
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #14  
Old Friday, March 19th, 2010, 12:33 PM
JanetB's Avatar
JanetB JanetB is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: August 5th, 2004
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 136
JanetB is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NH...This could be big?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
reminds me of Jesus pictures on toast or bagels, lol. we can imagine anything that we want. maybe i'm a 'show me' kind of person but the possibility of the bones being together after 5 years of storms, sea creatures brushing into them, and flotsam and jetsam ramming them is somewhere between slim and none.

sorry, i am a skeptic big time but i bet 'news' shows in the states will pick it up and run with it for as long as they can to get their ratings up. 30 seconds of facts will be followed by 2 hours daily of speculation. much of it will do nothing but leave me sleepless as lead moderator of an aruban forum.
I agree with Sherry - it looks more like some rocks in an interesting pattern than an actual skeleton to me. LOL at the Jesus pictures!
__________________
Visit my website www.janetsreef.com
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #15  
Old Friday, March 19th, 2010, 12:47 PM
lizzardo's Avatar
lizzardo lizzardo is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: May 31st, 2007
Location: Aruba
Posts: 775
lizzardo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NH...This could be big?

Don't know why I know this but the brain does this:
The first is a phenomenon known as "anthropomorphizing". Basically, this means that the human brain tends to shape seemingly jumbled patterns into a coherent and familiar image; often people claim to "see" a human form or face in a complex pattern. Think of it as finding faces in the clouds, or seeing The Virgin Mary in an oil stain on the driveway.

I just wish the news wasn't so 'hollywood' and 'sensational' -
back to the basics of journalism and what is really important
to know.

__________________
Aruba Kitten Rescue
www.arubakitten.org
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #16  
Old Friday, March 19th, 2010, 01:06 PM
ruba4ever's Avatar
ruba4ever ruba4ever is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: May 15th, 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 1,881
ruba4ever is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NH...This could be big?

I just wish the news wasn't so 'hollywood' and 'sensational' -
back to the basics of journalism and what is really important
to know.

I so agree with this.....
__________________
Only happy people allowed!













































Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #17  
Old Friday, March 19th, 2010, 01:43 PM
Elaine S's Avatar
Elaine S Elaine S is offline
Almost Aruban Moderator
 
Join Date: April 26th, 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 6,954
Elaine S is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: NH...This could be big?

Oh dear... I know how those rumors about trysts and the like start. Something as innocent as going to Aruba, getting in a little late or a little early, depending on events, and BINGO... the stories begin!!
__________________
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #18  
Old Friday, March 19th, 2010, 01:54 PM
dwippies's Avatar
dwippies dwippies is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: April 15th, 2004
Age: 49
Posts: 8,821
dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NH...This could be big?

i totally agree with it too. great post liz with a great statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruba4ever View Post
I just wish the news wasn't so 'hollywood' and 'sensational' -
back to the basics of journalism and what is really important
to know.

I so agree with this.....
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #19  
Old Friday, March 19th, 2010, 01:55 PM
dwippies's Avatar
dwippies dwippies is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: April 15th, 2004
Age: 49
Posts: 8,821
dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NH...This could be big?

i see, hear and say nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine S View Post
Oh dear... I know how those rumors about trysts and the like start. Something as innocent as going to Aruba, getting in a little late or a little early, depending on events, and BINGO... the stories begin!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #20  
Old Saturday, March 20th, 2010, 10:13 AM
ArubaMary's Avatar
ArubaMary ArubaMary is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: March 7th, 2006
Posts: 879
ArubaMary is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NH...This could be big?

Sure and enough----the "sighting" in Aruba was all over national news last night. I even got a call from my 11 year old granddaughter,"Guess what Grammy-----they may have found Natalee right where we went shorkeling. We saw it on a show on t.v." The mind certainly plays games, doesn't it.
__________________
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #21  
Old Saturday, March 20th, 2010, 10:16 AM
dwippies's Avatar
dwippies dwippies is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: April 15th, 2004
Age: 49
Posts: 8,821
dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NH...This could be big?

and it was mostly on nancy disgrace the worst excuse for an idiot on tv who has been sued and will be sued for screwing up peoples lives with trash and lies. sorry, i've seen what that piece of garbage does to people, places and things. if there is a heaven and hell, neither will accept her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArubaMary View Post
Sure and enough----the "sighting" in Aruba was all over national news last night. I even got a call from my 11 year old granddaughter,"Guess what Grammy-----they may have found Natalee right where we went shorkeling. We saw it on a show on t.v." The mind certainly plays games, doesn't it.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #22  
Old Saturday, March 20th, 2010, 03:17 PM
JohnJT JohnJT is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: April 21st, 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 437
JohnJT is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NH...This could be big?

Personally, I can't stand the infamous Nancy Disgrace.
(I loved the caricature that they used to have on the "Boston Legal" show).

That other bulletin board said the ocean bottom pictures were taken last October, but were just developed. It must be a very slow news day.

I generally like the Anderson Cooper, Christiane Amanpour and other reporting on CNN, but NG on the same parent organization is an embarrassment.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #23  
Old Saturday, March 20th, 2010, 03:29 PM
dwippies's Avatar
dwippies dwippies is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: April 15th, 2004
Age: 49
Posts: 8,821
dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NH...This could be big?

totally agree about who you like. btw, christiane amanpour is moving to cbs in the fall to do a sunday morning show. she has earned that.

can you imagine not developing film for 5 or 6 months after a vacation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJT View Post
Personally, I can't stand the infamous Nancy Disgrace.
(I loved the caricature that they used to have on the "Boston Legal" show).

That other bulletin board said the ocean bottom pictures were taken last October, but were just developed. It must be a very slow news day.

I generally like the Anderson Cooper, Christiane Amanpour and other reporting on CNN, but NG on the same parent organization is an embarrassment.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #24  
Old Saturday, March 20th, 2010, 04:28 PM
ArubaMary's Avatar
ArubaMary ArubaMary is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: March 7th, 2006
Posts: 879
ArubaMary is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NH...This could be big?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
and it was mostly on nancy disgrace the worst excuse for an idiot on tv who has been sued and will be sued for screwing up peoples lives with trash and lies. sorry, i've seen what that piece of garbage does to people, places and things. if there is a heaven and hell, neither will accept her.
Sherry-----I heartily concur. I rarely look at Nancy Disgrace. She has remained on t.v. because she appeals to people like her, people who get off on sensationalism. 'nuff said.
__________________
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #25  
Old Monday, March 22nd, 2010, 12:07 PM
JanetB's Avatar
JanetB JanetB is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: August 5th, 2004
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 136
JanetB is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NH...This could be big?

Check the latest on abcnews.com - this is what the forensics experts had to say:

"I do not believe that these photos represent a body. I think it's a rock formation that certainly does present upon initial perception a suggestion of a human skeletal remains, but I do not believe that it is," Dr. Cyril Wecht said.
After looking at the photograph that first appeared in the Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era newspaper, Wecht, one of the country's leading forensic pathologists, said the image doesn't match what a skeleton should look like.



"If you look at what would have to be the head you see that it does not really fit. It it's a front view, then what would be orbital sockets are far too low. If it's a rear view, then that does not fit because there's a lower portion that would not fit in with the neck," Wecht said.

Wecht said it's not likely that the skeleton of the missing teen could remain intact for that long.


"The whole idea of a skeletal remains being in the water for a period of a couple of months shy of five years is just untenable," Wecht said.
__________________
Visit my website www.janetsreef.com
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #26  
Old Monday, March 22nd, 2010, 12:29 PM
dwippies's Avatar
dwippies dwippies is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: April 15th, 2004
Age: 49
Posts: 8,821
dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NH...This could be big?

the link to the article is: Natalee Holloway Remains Missing Five Years Later But Divers Searching Area off Coast of Aruba - ABC News


Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetB View Post
Check the latest on abcnews.com - this is what the forensics experts had to say:

"I do not believe that these photos represent a body. I think it's a rock formation that certainly does present upon initial perception a suggestion of a human skeletal remains, but I do not believe that it is," Dr. Cyril Wecht said.
After looking at the photograph that first appeared in the Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era newspaper, Wecht, one of the country's leading forensic pathologists, said the image doesn't match what a skeleton should look like.



"If you look at what would have to be the head you see that it does not really fit. It it's a front view, then what would be orbital sockets are far too low. If it's a rear view, then that does not fit because there's a lower portion that would not fit in with the neck," Wecht said.

Wecht said it's not likely that the skeleton of the missing teen could remain intact for that long.


"The whole idea of a skeletal remains being in the water for a period of a couple of months shy of five years is just untenable," Wecht said.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #27  
Old Monday, March 22nd, 2010, 04:03 PM
Sandra's Avatar
Sandra Sandra is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: April 26th, 2004
Location: Aruba
Posts: 713
Sandra is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NH...This could be big?

I just read that the police is going to dive on the location and see what is down there.
__________________
"It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it." - Sam Levenson -
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #28  
Old Monday, March 22nd, 2010, 04:32 PM
dwippies's Avatar
dwippies dwippies is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: April 15th, 2004
Age: 49
Posts: 8,821
dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NH...This could be big?

yes, but i'm betting that it is nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
I just read that the police is going to dive on the location and see what is down there.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #29  
Old Monday, March 22nd, 2010, 04:41 PM
ArubaMary's Avatar
ArubaMary ArubaMary is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: March 7th, 2006
Posts: 879
ArubaMary is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NH...This could be big?

My heart goes out to Natalee's parents as they see and hear of this 'find'-----more than likely it will be rocks and/or coral.
__________________
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #30  
Old Monday, March 22nd, 2010, 06:29 PM
Ron B's Avatar
Ron B Ron B is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: April 29th, 2004
Location: Long Island N.Y
Age: 63
Posts: 311
Ron B is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NH...This could be big?


Looks like it is just another False lead
__________________
Born to raise Hell and enjoy every minute of it. Hawklords



















Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #31  
Old Tuesday, March 23rd, 2010, 02:51 AM
Sandra's Avatar
Sandra Sandra is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: April 26th, 2004
Location: Aruba
Posts: 713
Sandra is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NH...This could be big?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
yes, but i'm betting that it is nothing.
But at least it will take all the speculation out of this world.
__________________
"It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it." - Sam Levenson -
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #32  
Old Tuesday, March 23rd, 2010, 04:40 AM
seashelldiver's Avatar
seashelldiver seashelldiver is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: July 21st, 2004
Posts: 1,088
seashelldiver is on a distinguished road
Wink Re: NH...This could be big?

Anyone who has done scuba diving or snorkeling in Aruba knows you see these rock piles all over the place, and I am voting with the majority here on the board......to me it looks like the rocks I have always seen while diving in Aruba. I do not see any rib bones, or a spine.
Sad for the Holloways for all this to open the wounds again and sad for Aruba to once again get slammed around by the ignorant Nacy Disgrace !
__________________
Some people get lost in thought because it's unfamiliar territory.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #33  
Old Tuesday, March 23rd, 2010, 06:29 AM
dwippies's Avatar
dwippies dwippies is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: April 15th, 2004
Age: 49
Posts: 8,821
dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NH...This could be big?

yes, you are totally right. i just hate to for both the holloways and aruba to have to go thru this over and over for the sake of the media. neither deserves it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
But at least it will take all the speculation out of this world.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #34  
Old Tuesday, March 23rd, 2010, 08:19 PM
phillyboater phillyboater is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: December 18th, 2006
Posts: 158
phillyboater is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NH...This could be big?

Hope this comes to a rapid and definite solution for everyones sake.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #35  
Old Wednesday, March 24th, 2010, 10:36 AM
lizzardo's Avatar
lizzardo lizzardo is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: May 31st, 2007
Location: Aruba
Posts: 775
lizzardo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NH...This could be big?

Well Aruba has responded quickly to the issue. Regardless of
what it is, they are doing something:
Police dive for ‘skeleton’
22 Maart, 2010, 09:29 (GMT -04:00)

Email dit artikel
Print dit artikel
ORANJESTAD — This weekend, the Public Prosecution (OM) announced that the Police Corps Aruba (KPA) is going to dive to the location where the mortal remains of Natalee Holloway are possibly lying.
The OM does not wish to say exactly where and when the diving will take place. The diving operation is being organized with regard to an underwater picture that was published in the American press last week. The picture was taken near the Fisherman’s Hut, the location where the American teenager was seen last in 2005. The picture apparently shows mortal remains. The American couple, who had taken the picture, therefore thinks it could be Natalee Holloway.
Justice on Aruba received the picture from the FBI last Saturday. The OM is particularly interested in the skull-like shape seen in the picture. In a reaction, spokesperson Ann Angela of the OM stated that ‘unfortunately the people who had taken the picture could not indicate the exact location’. Nevertheless, someone on Aruba recognizes the location, says Angela. She could not reveal the name of the person. According to Angela, the reason that the OM does not wish to disclose the date and the location has to do with amongst others, safeguarding the evidence. By not being communicative, Justice wants to avoid attracting public to the location of the possible mortal remains. If the diving team indeed discovers mortal remains, these will be recovered immediately, says the OM. The remains will then be forwarded to the National Forensic Institute in the Netherlands for examination.
__________________
Aruba Kitten Rescue
www.arubakitten.org
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #36  
Old Thursday, March 25th, 2010, 07:29 AM
ArubaMilie's Avatar
ArubaMilie ArubaMilie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: September 16th, 2004
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 112
ArubaMilie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NH...This could be big?

From what I heard after 2 days they stopped the search....
__________________
*~*Milie*~*

Babymoon trip to West Coast- April 24-May 9
San Fran-Yosemite-Las Vegas-GC-UT NP's-Salt Lake City-Rapid City
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #37  
Old Thursday, March 25th, 2010, 08:22 AM
lizzardo's Avatar
lizzardo lizzardo is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: May 31st, 2007
Location: Aruba
Posts: 775
lizzardo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NH...This could be big?

Yes, according to a dutch amigoe article, because the people did
not remember where they had taken the picture, the gov't had
picked the most likely spot where they went. They would not
disclose the site location because they did not want the place
to lose integrity due to the public and press showing up.

They dove the identified spots, did not find anything and
stopped until they could see if there were other locations
to look at.
__________________
Aruba Kitten Rescue
www.arubakitten.org
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright ©2006 -2011 - CaribMedia.com