Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba Restaurant Reviews

Aruba Restaurant Reviews For new aruba restaurants reviews or to post a new review click here. To view archived reviews click here.

View Poll Results: Yemanja Woodfired Grill
poor 1 5.56%
average 3 16.67%
good 1 5.56%
very good 5 27.78%
excellent 8 44.44%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old Friday, July 13th, 2007, 07:55 AM
Administrator

dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Yemanja Woodfired Grill

tell us what you think.

vote and/or comment in this thread.
Share with Facebook
Old Friday, July 13th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Almost Aruban

Liz from N.J. is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Yemanja Woodfired Grill

My friend and I dined at Yemanja Woodfired Grill last Mon. July 10. Opening night was Sat. the 8th.

Yemanja is located at the old Que Pasa which closed and moved up the block last July. It is owned by Marvin & Eddie, the owners of the new Que Pasa and Marandi. Hours are 5:30-10:30 pm or until the bar closes. Closed on Sundays.

I visited Saunder and George the night before opening and they showed me around. It has taken a year to put Yemanja's together as all the tables in the restaurant are beautifully hand-made. As is the bar which is in stone - taken from the grounds before building of the RIU.

Saunders the Kitchen/Food Manager & Chef is formerly the chef from Marindi's Restaurant and Restaurant Manager George was the manager of Scandals at Renaissance Marketplace.

Since Yemanja's is closed on Sundays, we dined there on their 2nd opening night. At the time we dined around 8:30 pm, everyone was dining outside in the back garden - not inside. My friend had the marinated chicken breast with teriyaki glaze and I had the honey and thymed glazed rack of lamb. As a side, we both ordered the "wood fire garlic mashed potatoes". Lamb is not a dish that I order often as as I remember the "lamb tasting" leg of lamb that I was made to eat in my youth - which I didn't like at all. The rack of lamb at Yemanja's was so good - more than good - it was excellent. I wish I took a picture of it - but I devoured it but before I could. My friend also enjoyed her chicken breast. She said the teriyaki glaze made it very tasty. The garlic mashed potatoes where served ontop of our entrees not in a side dish. We didn't have dessert as we were not impressed with the offerings.

The menu is a work in progress. George will update me with any changes.

PICTURES YEMANJA WOODFIRED GRILL

MENU YEMANJA WOODFIRED GRILL

Share with Facebook
Old Saturday, July 14th, 2007, 08:19 AM
Aruba Expert

Eagle-Beach Boy is on a distinguished road

Thanks again Liz for a great report. Will have to try it this season. We both love lamb.

Share with Facebook
Old Wednesday, December 19th, 2007, 10:16 AM

arubaariba is on a distinguished road

Great Place!!!! Thanks for the heads-up on the rack of lamb - it was Outstanding in November!! No complaints on any of our entrees, service was excellent, and people were friendly. Will definately go back in May
Share with Facebook
Old Sunday, May 10th, 2009, 08:26 PM

Steveo is on a distinguished road

Just ate at Yemanja last Monday with a group of eight. We had a wonderful meal and everyone was happy. This restaurant I will add to my top list.
Share with Facebook
Old Friday, January 29th, 2010, 05:59 PM

Muncher33 is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: Yemanja Woodfired Grill

OMG...Just Returned From Aruba and Absolutlely Loved this place. The had a Potato Leek n Truffle soup yummm...I was tempted to lick the bowl. My honey ordered the Filet Minons and I ordered the Stuffed Grouper and we split it can I say Yummm again. The filets melted in my mouth. And the Grouper was to die for. Never made it to dessert we were too stuffed. Ate there two nights in a row and if we had eatin there earlier in our trip we probably would of eatin there more. It was alittle on the pricey side but well worth it. 2 soups, 2 entrees, 2 beers, 2 cocktails with the tip was about $116. Cannot wait to return....A+++++
Share with Facebook
Old Saturday, January 30th, 2010, 12:41 PM

jawz is on a distinguished road

This a place my wife have been to many times. Very consistent. It's hard to believe that Mirandi's is the same owner. ( or was last I knew) I love the people at Mirandis but it cant compare food wise. Just my thoughts.
Share with Facebook
Old Saturday, January 30th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Aruba Expert

barbiesara2003 is on a distinguished road

The same people also own Que Pasa.
Share with Facebook
Old Saturday, January 30th, 2010, 05:11 PM

Muncher33 is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: Yemanja Woodfired Grill

Its funny that u say they r the same owners as Mirandi's we went there for dinner a week before and I thought Mirandi's food was flavorless. I had the grouper there also and I didn't like it at all. The view was the only going for Mirandi's for me anyways. I didn't feel the need to lick my plate at Mirandi's but I sure did want to at Yemanja's. We are definately going to eat at Yemanja's at least four times next year...I have to say that it was the best meal I have ever eaten out in my entire life. Maybe next year I can pace myself so that I can make it to dessert, if the soups n main entrees r so heavenly I can only imagine what the dessert is like.
Share with Facebook