Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Timeshare Owners' Corner > Divi Phoenix Resort

Divi Phoenix Resort This Forum is for Divi Phoenix Resort Owners to post/exchange information about their resort. To list PRIVATE rentals,please click here. To list PRIVATE sales, please click here.

Old Thursday, October 13th, 2011, 04:05 PM

PirateKing is on a distinguished road
Default Another beach question!

We were wondering how the "new" beach came out in the section down past Sunset Bistro. When we were there back in January they had killed off the trees, sea grape, etc., and were putting in sand to expand the beach. What's it like now? Does it have new palapas

Thanks
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Friday, October 14th, 2011, 10:37 AM

ajpslp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Another beach question!

I will be there on nov 5-12 and will take pics and report back to u . I see there is almost no activity here so i feel that I will come thru with answers for all .
alan
this will be my 15yr in a row !!!
Old Friday, October 14th, 2011, 11:17 AM

Thanks. We wil be back there in January, so that gives you some time.
Old Saturday, October 22nd, 2011, 10:37 PM

explorer21 is on a distinguished road

I am sitting on our ph balcony in bldg d as i type. they fixed the sidewalk that washed away and put more sand on the beach but didnt replace the palapas that got washed out last year. they also put a dock out on the jetty but probably wont do anything more to that side of the beach since it keeps washing away. place looks great tho. they put a bunch of palapas down past the sunset bistro on a quiet part of the beach.
Old Monday, October 24th, 2011, 10:51 AM

Thanks. We're hoping that it stays quiet down at that end (past Sunset Bistro). That's interesting about a dock on the jetty. I wonder what they are planning to do with that.
Old Monday, October 24th, 2011, 11:39 PM

explorer21 is on a distinguished road

nice and quiet down by the sunset bistro end. nice new palapas but need to work on cleaning out the coral in the water. the dock is on the jetty in front of pure beach. they use it to run people back and forth from the busy part of palm beach to do timeshare presentations. divi has a boat running all day trying to sell.
Old Tuesday, October 25th, 2011, 01:45 PM

Thanks. If they keep going the way they have been, this will be the busy part of Palm Beach! Let them leave the coral where it is: at least that end of the beach will be peaceful.
Old Tuesday, October 25th, 2011, 04:46 PM

mark is on a distinguished road

If you mean the part of the beach to the left of Sunset Beach Bistro as you're sitting there, then yes there are some new palapas, there's also what appears to be a gazebo type thingy probably for outdoor massages or perhaps weddings not sure...

As regards the dock on the jetty there's a small watersports operator boat berthed there most times.
Old Wednesday, October 26th, 2011, 10:29 AM

Thanks. yes, that's the section I meant. the gazebo was there last January, and it was for massages. they were bringing in sand and grooming the beach, so we assumed they would be putting up new palapas. Hopefully they won't start demolishing the coral (endangered reefs, and all that). People can walk the few extra yards to the main beach.
Old Tuesday, November 29th, 2011, 01:30 AM

Brad is on a distinguished road

We returned on November 26th after two weeks at the Phoenix. The weather was very good for this time of year with the expected occasional brief showers. We went to the beach each day between 9 & 10am and experienced no problems finding available palapas. Divi has added a number of new palapas beyond the colored Adirondack chairs near the bistro, most of which were open most of the time. The beach in that area is not good for swimming and we saw very few people using it. The washed out concrete walkway in front of the new buildings has been replaced with a wooden boardwalk but repairs are still needed in front of the adjacent public park on the way towards the police station. The police station has been cleaned up, painted and is currently staffed. While we have never experienced any problems with the facility staff, they seemed particularly attentive and courteous this year. Divi has also built a landing for boats off the jetty with a concrete walkway leading to it. Boat traffic is very light and has virtually no impact on the guests. We were told that one of the issues Divi is working on is finding a way to minimize beach erosion in the future. Rumor has it the Bistro is going to be completely renovated with a completion date of next summer and the old lobby area is being converted for use by maintenance personnel. The repairs to the elevators in the tower have been completed and both elevators were working throughout our stay.