Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Timeshare Owners' Corner > Divi Village Beach and Golf Resort

Divi Village Beach and Golf Resort This Forum is for Divi Village Beach and Golf Resort Owners to post/exchange information about their resort. To list PRIVATE rentals,please click here. To list PRIVATE sales, please click here.

Old Thursday, August 5th, 2010, 03:25 PM

dvaruba is on a distinguished road
Default Does Anyone Go Here Anymore??????

No comments on the Divi Village in a long time. Does anyone go here anymore? They are supposed to be doing a remodel to the front buildings. Does anyone know what is/ is not happening with it.
They had no problem with sending out bills for 2011, but there is no updated information for 2010.....and hasn't been for a long time now.
Tried contacting NC for info and get no info. Typical.....would really like to know what is happening/ or if it is happening.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Thursday, August 5th, 2010, 04:57 PM

john is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba Re: Does Anyone Go Here Anymore??????

Got a picture of construction behind the Sea Breeze from Marcel, the bar manager. Outside of that, have no idea. Going for 2 weeks in Oct/Nov and hope they are done with building A by then.
Old Thursday, August 5th, 2010, 05:02 PM

ozzbo47 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Does Anyone Go Here Anymore??????

dvaruba, My wife is there and phoned me last night. The people in the front buildings have been relocated as they are working on them now. my unit is in the big building c. That is scheduled to be done next. I am going next month and i will let you know the progress. My wife was told at the owners meeting that most likely we would not be in our unit next year for this week which is 31. However. the way the condition of the units are at this time everyone that is moved is making out ok with the golf villas etc..
Old Thursday, August 5th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Aruba Expert

roschone is on a distinguished road

I'm glad to hear something about the renovations. We are in Building B, but don't go until March. So it sounds like they are working on both Building A AND B? Sure hope they're done with them by March. Not sure how easy it would be to relocate everyone during high season, but if we ended up in a villa that wouldn't be so bad, huh? I would love to hear more when you return from your trip next month about the progress in A&B. Thanks for the thread.
Old Sunday, September 5th, 2010, 01:31 PM

JudynDave is on a distinguished road

We have been going every year for the last 10 years. We stay in the Villas. We will be arriving next week.

I am curious though...we had some friends just return and they mentioned the Oceanview Bar was closed this past week. Does anyone know why this is and if Jimmy is still the bartender there.
Old Monday, September 6th, 2010, 05:25 AM

judyndave, my wife was there two weeks ago and jimmy was there and the bar was in full operation.sometimes he goes home to the philipines for vacation around this time of year.
Old Monday, September 6th, 2010, 09:02 AM

Thanks Ozzbo47. Hopefully Jimmy will be back when we arrive next week.
He was on vacation last year when we were there. It definitely put a little damper on the happy hour
Usually they dont close the bar when he is on vacation but i know hardly anyone goes up there when he isnt there.
Thanks again for the update.
Old Thursday, September 9th, 2010, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzbo47 View Post
judyndave, my wife was there two weeks ago and jimmy was there and the bar was in full operation.sometimes he goes home to the philipines for vacation around this time of year.
I received the following info from an email i sent to Divi Village asking about the bar:

The Oceanview Bar is currently closed for repairs but is scheduled to reopen on Monday Sept 13th. Yes, Jimmy is still the bartender. He is away on vacation and will return on Sept. 24th.

Sad to hear Jimmy wont be there while we are there this year. We missed him last year also. Oh well. Maybe we will find a new place for drinks.
Old Friday, September 10th, 2010, 08:39 AM

Do you have an email for Divi Village that you could share?......and please fill us in on the progress of the remodel when you return. Enjoy!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudynDave View Post
I received the following info from an email i sent to Divi Village asking about the bar:

The Oceanview Bar is currently closed for repairs but is scheduled to reopen on Monday Sept 13th. Yes, Jimmy is still the bartender. He is away on vacation and will return on Sept. 24th.

Sad to hear Jimmy wont be there while we are there this year. We missed him last year also. Oh well. Maybe we will find a new place for drinks.
Old Friday, September 10th, 2010, 09:04 AM

judyndave--i will be arriving on sept.26th and i will forward your regards to jimmy
Old Sunday, September 12th, 2010, 10:30 PM
Aruba Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudynDave View Post

Have a great trip you guys!!! Please, please let us know how the renovations are going when you return. Enjoy and safe travels!!!

Old Tuesday, October 5th, 2010, 03:01 PM

just returned from divi village 9/26-10/3- i have never seen so much rain and flooding on the island in 40 years. The thunder was as loud as a naval bombardment. The mosquitos were everywhere eating us alive. Units in bldg. C and other buildings flooded with water coming through the sliding glass doors and the living room door. Had to keep towels by the door the whole week. Anyway i still had a good time. I ate and shopped my way through the week. Only had two good beach days. Jimmy is back and the bar is open, however, it was dead. Hardly anyone there. Bldgs. A and b are still under construction. I snuck in a unit that was left un-locked. They are doing the tile work and some are getting the new appliances already. I was told a and b will be done the first of the year. They will not start on bldg. C untill the end of the peak season in april. My normal week is 31 so i was told i will not be in my unit in august as all of c will be shut down. They will most likely put me in a golf villa.
Old Wednesday, October 6th, 2010, 07:35 AM

first of the year......are you sure???? The Divi Website says that Bldgs A and B will be ready for occupancy on Nov 3rd of this year.
Old Wednesday, October 6th, 2010, 11:55 AM

this is why i have not posted on any boards in so long. Everyone has asked me to let them know so i did. You asked if i was sure. Well i have not drank in 40 years and am not insane. I was there a week ago and received this information from three reputable people with one being mr. Griffin. I also know a little about construction and from what i saw and the speed of the work nov.3rd would be a bigger miracle than moses parting the red sea. Not to be sacastic this is what i was told by three people.
Old Wednesday, October 6th, 2010, 09:39 PM
Aruba Expert

Ozzbo, thanks for the update. I am thrilled to get an update from someone who actually saw the construction with their own eyes. Not sure how reliable the Divi website is - Nov.3rd was just wishful thinking I'm sure. But at least they're making progress. And wow, I can't believe all the rain and thunder they had. Glad you still had a good time.

Old Thursday, October 7th, 2010, 08:00 AM

ozzbo........I would believe you over the Divi Website anyday. You have been there and you have seen. Divi Website seems to tell us what they think we want to hear......always has, always will. Thank you for the update. Really appreciate the latest news.
Old Sunday, October 24th, 2010, 02:36 AM

john is on a distinguished road

leaving on wed the 27th for 2 weeks. did an acceleration for 1 week and use our gambling "comps" for the second week. apparently playing craps every nite has some benefit, although not in my wallet. have been dealing with aging parents for the last 2 years so really looking forward to 2 weeks of nothing but pool, balashi, and beach. will let you know how the renovations are coming.
Old Sunday, October 24th, 2010, 07:39 AM

John, have a good trip. I hope the rain and mosquitos have departed my beloved island. I also hope that they have increased the construction pace since sept.26th when i was there. Be well and safe
Old Sunday, October 24th, 2010, 08:12 PM
Aruba Expert

Have a great trip John. I know about the aging parents lifestyle. A trip like this is just what you need to recharge. Safe travels. Please let us know how your trip was and how the renovations are going. I've heard the weather has returned to normal - thank goodness. I'm still hearing horror stories about the rains they had......

Old Sunday, October 24th, 2010, 09:15 PM
Almost Aruban Moderator

Elaine S is on a distinguished road

Safe travels, John. Have a wonderful time..

I dealt with the same issue for several years, too. The best place in the world to "recharge" is our little piece of paradise.