Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Timeshare Owners' Corner > Divi Village Beach and Golf Resort

Divi Village Beach and Golf Resort This Forum is for Divi Village Beach and Golf Resort Owners to post/exchange information about their resort. To list PRIVATE rentals,please click here. To list PRIVATE sales, please click here.

Old Thursday, November 11th, 2010, 04:27 PM

john is on a distinguished road
I Love Aruba renovations

just got back this am from 2 weeks at divi. since our weeks were in building a we got to stay in birdie 2314, which is really nice. went to both a and b and a seems to be a little further ahead. all rooms are now a lite yellow. the shower is installed and so are granite tops and vanity. no toilet yet. the closet now has glass sliding doors, but no shelves or safe yet. the lattice room divider is now clear glass with divi logo. new s/s frig and s/s micro/convection installed with new cabinets and granite countertop. nice tile backsplash. 3x3 table and 4 chairs and 6 drawer dresser. king bed still in plastic. no tv or dvd yet. sliding doors and new and so are drapes. also added a ceiling fan on patio and new furniture similair to what is at pool. not being a construction guy, my guess that by jan they sould be done. mr griffin said thanksgiving for a and mid dec for b. they have also demolished the members building and starting to replace with 2 story offices and new check in. old check in to be either more rooms, or shops, depending on who you talk to. also started to remodel the alhambra. pit boss sandra said they will do it in small steps so they won't lose so much business.countdown now on to jan 20 and 5 more weeks
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Thursday, November 11th, 2010, 06:15 PM
Aruba Expert

roschone is on a distinguished road
Default Re: renovations

Quote:
Originally Posted by john View Post
just got back this am from 2 weeks at divi. since our weeks were in building a we got to stay in birdie 2314, which is really nice. went to both a and b and a seems to be a little further ahead. all rooms are now a lite yellow. the shower is installed and so are granite tops and vanity. no toilet yet. the closet now has glass sliding doors, but no shelves or safe yet. the lattice room divider is now clear glass with divi logo. new s/s frig and s/s micro/convection installed with new cabinets and granite countertop. nice tile backsplash. 3x3 table and 4 chairs and 6 drawer dresser. king bed still in plastic. no tv or dvd yet. sliding doors and new and so are drapes. also added a ceiling fan on patio and new furniture similair to what is at pool. not being a construction guy, my guess that by jan they sould be done. mr griffin said thanksgiving for a and mid dec for b. they have also demolished the members building and starting to replace with 2 story offices and new check in. old check in to be either more rooms, or shops, depending on who you talk to. also started to remodel the alhambra. pit boss sandra said they will do it in small steps so they won't lose so much business.countdown now on to jan 20 and 5 more weeks
Wow, nice update John, Thanks a bunch. I LOVE the ceiling fan on the patio - that's going to make my day for sure. We got to see the model room last March and the patio hadn't been redone yet. Thanks so much for all the bird's eye info. Our room is in Building B - from what you say, maybe they actually will be done by March when we return. If check-in is going to be at the old member's office, doesn't seem like they'll have enough room. The entrance road there is kind of narrow and there's very limited parking on that side. Nothing like the parking lot they currently have at the check-in desk. Hopefully, they have a plan. Thanks again.

Old Tuesday, December 28th, 2010, 06:44 PM

I Love Aruba Re: renovations

just got e/m from divi showing three pics of all the renovations. looks good. looking forward to seeing them in person in 24 days
Old Tuesday, December 28th, 2010, 11:04 PM
Aruba Expert

Thanks for the update John. Was this an e-mail sent to all members? What I mean is, was it a general e-mail or did you request something?

Old Thursday, December 30th, 2010, 11:37 AM

I Love Aruba Re: renovations

did not request it. it just showed up. guess they have our e/m address
Old Friday, December 31st, 2010, 12:09 AM
Aruba Expert

Thanks John. I finally found it, but it was in a real OLD e-mail address. Not sure if that's my bad, or Divi's. Nice to read that A&B is done as both our units are in B. I'm pleasantly surprised that it didn't take forever like I originally expected...