Aruba vacation and travel information on Aruba hotels, beaches, restaurants and so much more

Go Back   Aruba Forums at Visit Aruba > Aruba Q & A > Aruba in General

Aruba in General All general questions about Aruba.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1401  
Old Sunday, August 21st, 2005, 05:43 PM
blenchi's Avatar
blenchi blenchi is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: June 10th, 2005
Posts: 897
blenchi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: All Things Natalee Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson from New York
Ellen but sorry I do have to disagree with you, ever heard of The Hague?, its the capitol of the Netherlands, all war criminals are tried there, maybe you should read a little bit more over the European laws.
Slobodan Milosevic for instance.
__________________
Money isn't everything but it sure keeps you in touch with the kids.
  #1402  
Old Sunday, August 21st, 2005, 05:45 PM
anngie anngie is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: August 4th, 2005
Posts: 27
anngie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: All Things Natalee Part II

What does the BBC article have to do with the statute of limitations?

I would like to hear any facts that the Aruban people know about the Natalee Holloway disappearance. What are they?
  #1403  
Old Sunday, August 21st, 2005, 05:45 PM
amie's Avatar
amie amie is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: July 31st, 2004
Location: Jersey
Age: 47
Posts: 827
amie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: All Things Natalee Part II

The fly-by posters are at it again I see...
__________________
Amie
Stylish Crochet Patterns
See me on this t.v. show!
"I'm not an actress. I just play one on t.v."
  #1404  
Old Sunday, August 21st, 2005, 06:02 PM
tom carlson's Avatar
tom carlson tom carlson is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 18th, 2005
Location: burlington, ma
Posts: 119
tom carlson is on a distinguished road
Default Re: All Things Natalee Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by amie
The fly-by posters are at it again I see...
can we declare a no fly zone
__________________
Tom C
I GET IT !
  #1405  
Old Sunday, August 21st, 2005, 06:09 PM
anngie anngie is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: August 4th, 2005
Posts: 27
anngie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: All Things Natalee Part II

I am not a "fly by poster"

This thread is Re: All Things Natalee

Both questions are legitimate ones. I am not trying to be flip.
I just want to know what kind of facts that Arubans will tell you.
  #1406  
Old Sunday, August 21st, 2005, 06:55 PM
Jan78's Avatar
Jan78 Jan78 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: June 17th, 2005
Location: The Hague, The Netherlands
Posts: 91
Jan78 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: All Things Natalee Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by anngie
I am not a "fly by poster"

This thread is Re: All Things Natalee

Both questions are legitimate ones. I am not trying to be flip.
I just want to know what kind of facts that Arubans will tell you.
Well, here's a fact for you, TV means SPECULATIONS!!!

Fact: Joran is in jail, NOT charged, only a suspect.
Fact: Twitty/Holloway's are still freeloading here on the island.
Fact: Next court appointment is Sept. 4

Everything else is speculations, unless you got a family/friend in the LE you might hear bits and pieces.
  #1407  
Old Sunday, August 21st, 2005, 07:00 PM
anngie anngie is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: August 4th, 2005
Posts: 27
anngie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: All Things Natalee Part II

Thank you Jan78,
Do you know if there is bail in Aruba like we have in the US?
  #1408  
Old Sunday, August 21st, 2005, 07:04 PM
Jan78's Avatar
Jan78 Jan78 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: June 17th, 2005
Location: The Hague, The Netherlands
Posts: 91
Jan78 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: All Things Natalee Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by anngie
Thank you Jan78,
Do you know if there is bail in Aruba like we have in the US?
We've discussed this before in the previous threads,
there is NO Bail, NO Trail Jury's and you can't cut a deal with the prosecution

anything else?
  #1409  
Old Sunday, August 21st, 2005, 08:09 PM
BBold BBold is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: August 21st, 2005
Posts: 19
BBold is on a distinguished road
One Happy Island Re: All Things Natalee Part II

Rumor has it that the Twitty's purchased a beach front home in Aruba.
Anyone in Aruba know if this is true?

Thanks!!
  #1410  
Old Sunday, August 21st, 2005, 08:35 PM
nelson from New York's Avatar
nelson from New York nelson from New York is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: June 20th, 2005
Location: NYC
Age: 57
Posts: 151
nelson from New York is on a distinguished road
Default Re: All Things Natalee Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBold
Rumor has it that the Twitty's purchased a beach front home in Aruba.
Anyone in Aruba know if this is true?

Thanks!!
I havent heard that one yet, maybe she won a house in the casino!! and regarding Jug saying he has the credit card bills to proove it, yes he may have some but not everything is being paid. They are still getting some freebis on the island not as much like in the beginning, but still going on.

Everybody wants this case to be over with as soon as possible and continue with their lives. They all understand the mothers will in finding Natalee and have a closure, but how about if its never found? what then? Are we all going to be held responsable?
  #1411  
Old Sunday, August 21st, 2005, 08:44 PM
BBold BBold is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: August 21st, 2005
Posts: 19
BBold is on a distinguished road
One Happy Island Re: All Things Natalee Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson from New York
I havent heard that one yet, maybe she won a house in the casino!! and regarding Jug saying he has the credit card bills to proove it, yes he may have some but not everything is being paid. They are still getting some freebis on the island not as much like in the beginning, but still going on.

Everybody wants this case to be over with as soon as possible and continue with their lives. They all understand the mothers will in finding Natalee and have a closure, but how about if its never found? what then? Are we all going to be held responsable?
We want it all over to, the constant barrage on Fox, MSNBC is over-coverage ad nauseum. We have rented tons of DVD's so we dont have to see the coverage over and over.

Any way, if anyone finds out if they are renting the house or have bought it I would appreciate any info and also if it is beachfront.

Especially in light of the donations that are going into their two funds, from people who can least afford to donate.

"Life's a Beach"
  #1412  
Old Sunday, August 21st, 2005, 09:03 PM
Ellen Ellen is offline
Member
 
Join Date: August 10th, 2005
Posts: 44
Ellen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: All Things Natalee Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by blenchi
Where did you get that from???? Of course he [Hitler] would be prosecuted!!!
I was just saying that Hitler couldn't be tried in Holland as a murder of Dutch citizens during the war because of the statute of limitations. Naturally, he could be tried for war crimes or crimes against humanity at The Hague. My point is that many murders are not solved quickly like the recent BTK murder case. His last murder occurred in 1991 and he was not convicted until this year.

Blenchi, I'm no lawyer, but I believe that in Aruba the statute of limitations for murder is 2-year (at least is what the lawyers being interviewed on TV say). On the internet, sources say that it is 18 years in Holland but I don't know if that automatically applies to Aruba, even if true of Holland:

After 18 years one cannot be prosecuted for murder in Holland.

Apparently, it is a quite old law (and thus not one that could possibly have anything to do with the secularization of the Netherlands after WW2) -- according to the newspaper NRC Handelsblad, it dates back to "the first decennium of the 19th century", i.e., 1800-1810!!

The article quotes this old 'Wetboek van strafrecht' (code of criminal law) as saying "that the misdeed shall surely and quickly be punished" but that also "for the peace of society, it is no less important that investigation of past crimes that, as it were, plunged into oblivion, shall not be started." There is explicit reference in the codes to the "expunging workings of time".

This led to the prescription regulations.
Murder becomes prescribed after 18 years, manslaughter after 15 years, and so on.

BUT there is a BUT.

It is this: A year ago, two members of parliament, party members of the current Dutch governing coalition (a social liberal and a christian democrat) filed a bill that would abolish many of these regulations. A main argument (next to the 'public outrage at non-prosecution' they perceive) is that modern forensic techniques (largely DNA based) allow for that, so let us do that.

For those who can read Dutch, here's a nice list of sources at:


http://www.recht.nl/index.html?nid=9210

Last edited by Ellen; Sunday, August 21st, 2005 at 09:44 PM.
  #1413  
Old Sunday, August 21st, 2005, 10:13 PM
amie's Avatar
amie amie is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: July 31st, 2004
Location: Jersey
Age: 47
Posts: 827
amie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: All Things Natalee Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom carlson
can we declare a no fly zone
HAHAHAHA! Let's do that!
__________________
Amie
Stylish Crochet Patterns
See me on this t.v. show!
"I'm not an actress. I just play one on t.v."
  #1414  
Old Sunday, August 21st, 2005, 10:15 PM
amie's Avatar
amie amie is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: July 31st, 2004
Location: Jersey
Age: 47
Posts: 827
amie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: All Things Natalee Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by anngie
I am not a "fly by poster"
My mom always says, "The guilty always cry the loudest."
__________________
Amie
Stylish Crochet Patterns
See me on this t.v. show!
"I'm not an actress. I just play one on t.v."
  #1415  
Old Sunday, August 21st, 2005, 10:16 PM
Elaine S's Avatar
Elaine S Elaine S is offline
Almost Aruban Moderator
 
Join Date: April 26th, 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 6,954
Elaine S is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: All Things Natalee Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan78
Ellen, what facts do you want to know??
I want to know if you're having fun!! lol
__________________
  #1416  
Old Sunday, August 21st, 2005, 11:18 PM
Jan78's Avatar
Jan78 Jan78 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: June 17th, 2005
Location: The Hague, The Netherlands
Posts: 91
Jan78 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: All Things Natalee Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine S
I want to know if you're having fun!! lol
I AM!!!

I've even extended my vacation with 5 days.... I don't wanna go back...
but I must....

be back in December
  #1417  
Old Monday, August 22nd, 2005, 12:06 AM
dwippies's Avatar
dwippies dwippies is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: April 15th, 2004
Age: 52
Posts: 8,821
dwippies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: All Things Natalee Part II

having spent the last 10 days here talking with my aruban friends i can tell you they know the same facts as we do. jan78 has those facts right. they know nothing but are wise enough to understand that their legal system works and is kept quiet to keep from screwing up cases. get used to it. seems americans don't like to be kept in the dark but that's just too bad for us. we are not dealing with the american legal system that gives away enough information that the guilty go free on open and shut cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anngie
What does the BBC article have to do with the statute of limitations?

I would like to hear any facts that the Aruban people know about the Natalee Holloway disappearance. What are they?
  #1418  
Old Monday, August 22nd, 2005, 06:53 AM
andrea j. andrea j. is offline
Member
 
Join Date: April 15th, 2004
Location: 200 yds. west of Brandeis U.
Posts: 1,320
andrea j. is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Re: All Things Natalee Part II

Blenchi's avator is hysterical.

My take from the Aruban folks is that they trust and have much faith in "their" system of law enforcement and courts.
From security people at LaCabana to restaurant staff I also hear the same reply "she's NOT here". All are convinced that she is either dead or alive but no longer on the island. All of these fine folks are dismayed-disgusted-and distressed over the media blitz and wish the barrage of USA media would end.
None had unkind words for the Holloway/Twittys.

Now it is off to work time.....trying to undo what 12 days of substitute instructor did to the classes.
  #1419  
Old Monday, August 22nd, 2005, 07:40 AM
blenchi's Avatar
blenchi blenchi is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: June 10th, 2005
Posts: 897
blenchi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: All Things Natalee Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by amie
My mom always says, "The guilty always cry the loudest."
My dad used to say pig headed people cry the loudest.....
__________________
Money isn't everything but it sure keeps you in touch with the kids.
  #1420  
Old Monday, August 22nd, 2005, 08:28 AM
BBold BBold is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: August 21st, 2005
Posts: 19
BBold is on a distinguished road
One Happy Island Re: All Things Natalee Part II

Not all Americans beleive what Beth and Jug are saying about Aruba and your Govt. They yet to prove why we should "boycott" Aruba. (I am about to boycott Fox "news" and MSNBC) While most of us sympathize with ANY parent that has a child missing, most of us are not part of the Beth fan club. If truth be known we find the over-coverage of Beth and her screeching voice very annoying and wish it all would just plain go away.

The family is obviously very wealthy or they couldn't afford all they are able to do. Not to mention all the money coming in from their TWO funds.
On thursday she will temporarily leave your island so she can follow the money, a benefit in ALabama , question is BENEFITTING who? I still don't get that, she gets a lot comped so than she is able to shop and to buy a home there on your island, able to pay for all the PR agencies, private investigators, private search groups. She got all these TV stations to over-cover her "case", AND she has an entourage with her at all times of family and friends. Majority of us couldn't even afford to stay there that long ourselves let alone have an entourage of family and friends there. The plane fare alone is $600 per pop.

Yesterday she was referred to as the ultimate mother. No she isn't the ultimate mother, Dave is the Ultimate father as it's not all about , me,me,me
with him, like it is all about her.

Even after speaking to your Prime Minister she is on TV right now saying that no she doesn't beleive your Prime Minister will help. She said she cant return to her job, well yes she could she isn't doing any good on your island as far as I can see and noone is making her stay there as far as I can see, she has hired all these people so maybe she should go home and STAY OFF the TV and allow the hired people and your prosecution to do their jobs.

She might consider that maybe, just maybe had she not been on TV 24-7
and she wasn't as demanding maybe just maybe the case would have been solved by now without her constant interference.
  #1421  
Old Monday, August 22nd, 2005, 08:42 AM
kevin d's Avatar
kevin d kevin d is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: April 15th, 2004
Location: key west
Age: 57
Posts: 3,944
kevin d is on a distinguished road
Default Re: All Things Natalee Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebold
she gets a lot comped so than she is able to shop and to buy a home there on your island, able to pay for all the PR agencies, private investigators, private search groups. She got all these TV stations to over-cover her "case", AND she has an entourage with her at all times of family and friends.
I think this statement is stretching a bit, especially the part about Beth buying a home there. Until I see something concrete on this, I doubt it's true. She's not paying the TV stations to cover her case, and I don't believe she's paying for the private search groups (Texas Eq, etc), so let's not spend her money so fast.
Quote:
She might consider that maybe, just maybe had she not been on TV 24-7
and she wasn't as demanding maybe just maybe the case would have been solved by now without her constant interference.
Her motives for hogging the TV are to keep the case in the news, and as much as I'm tired of seeing her and hearing her, I don't blame her. It is doubtful that the fact that she's on TV is hindering the case's progress. Alienating herself to most everyone on this planet, yes. Keeping the case from being solved, no.
__________________
Everyone should believe in something - I believe I'll go fishing
  #1422  
Old Monday, August 22nd, 2005, 08:45 AM
BBold BBold is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: August 21st, 2005
Posts: 19
BBold is on a distinguished road
One Happy Island Re: All Things Natalee Part II

[QUOTE=nelson from New York]Hi guys, yes I'am back allready and I had a great time as usual. Let me first start with a few comments I read and to clear some of them, first all the cabs in Aruba are CLEARLY marked with a yellow taxi sign on top of the roof of the car and its lighted and night, so now I dont believe the story when Twitty implied that her daughter did not know she was getting in a strangers car instead of a cab and also there are 3 boys in the car, you would think thats a cab??? come on now, who would believe this story.

Also I was refering to an article which was translated in English, this came from a newspaper in Germany, I think what its implying is that Jugs family is involved in some partnership which spreads over a few country also in Aruba they have some partners. Its in www.aruba.com under messege board. Very intresting. "QUOTE]

That is interesting about the cabs, Beth swore that ALL cabs were unmarked, that's one Beth lie , how many more lies to go?

And as to the Article of Jughead being in bed with Greta and her husband via a business association, yes I hope the truth about that is definitely revealed, rumor also has it that they are all scientologists. And rumor has it they had a 2 million dollar kidnapping policy on Natalee, I have no idea if its true or not because this was all posted on another forum by someone else who didnt give any links to prove it.
  #1423  
Old Monday, August 22nd, 2005, 08:51 AM
kevin d's Avatar
kevin d kevin d is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: April 15th, 2004
Location: key west
Age: 57
Posts: 3,944
kevin d is on a distinguished road
Default Re: All Things Natalee Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbold
rumor also has it that they are all scientologists. And rumor has it they had a 2 million dollar kidnapping policy on Natalee, I have no idea if its true or not because this was all posted on another forum by someone else who didnt give any links to prove it.
Please be careful of what you post on our BB. You just did exactly what you're questioning of the other poster - you posted a rumor w/o any link or fact to back it up. We don't operate that way here, at least not any more. If they're all scientologists so be it, who are we to judge? I don't care if they're all Buddhists, religion is not our concern.
__________________
Everyone should believe in something - I believe I'll go fishing
  #1424  
Old Monday, August 22nd, 2005, 09:05 AM
BBold BBold is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: August 21st, 2005
Posts: 19
BBold is on a distinguished road
One Happy Island Re: All Things Natalee Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAMEDFLIRT68
Does it really matter if someone is wealthy? I would think the main thing is that Natalie be found and the people responsible for this are brought to justice!!

Yes it really does matter when the Twittys are having benefits and asking for donations from people who can least afford to give donations to support her shopping, Aruba vacation, Casino visits, buying a home in Aruba, yes it does matter when the funds are referred to as being a "search fund".

And she goes on TV 24-7 claiming to be this "holier than thou attitude" poor little mother just searching for her daughter and fighting this evil govt there in Aruba.

People need to see her as she really is not as the media is portraying her.
The better than everyone elitist attitude at home and the poor little Mom in Aruba and on TV. Sure she and DAVE have a missing daughter that is fact and no one would want to be in their shoes, but also who could afford to do all she is able to, MAYBE because of donations, maybe because of their wealth, but the majority of us if faced with such a type tragedy could not afford all she is to find the missing girl.
  #1425  
Old Monday, August 22nd, 2005, 09:14 AM
kevin d's Avatar
kevin d kevin d is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: April 15th, 2004
Location: key west
Age: 57
Posts: 3,944
kevin d is on a distinguished road
Default Re: All Things Natalee Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbold
Sure she and DAVE have a missing daughter that is fact and no one would want to be in their shoes, but also who could afford to do all she is able to, MAYBE because of donations, maybe because of their wealth, but the majority of us if faced with such a type tragedy could not afford all she is to find the missing girl.
It sounds like you resent that fact that she can afford to do the things that she's doing - are you saying that she shouldn't spend what she has, because others in her position couldn't afford to? If I was her and was wealthy, I wouldn't be in Bama - I'd be in Aruba just like she is.

Don't resent her for being wealthy, that's not the issue. And until we have some proof, let's not continue to claim that she bought a house in Aruba.

Lastly, don't look at me as a Beth fan, I'm just a fair-fight fan.
__________________
Everyone should believe in something - I believe I'll go fishing
  #1426  
Old Monday, August 22nd, 2005, 09:14 AM
Houndstooth Houndstooth is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: June 7th, 2005
Posts: 187
Houndstooth is on a distinguished road
Default Re: All Things Natalee Part II

bbold,

The idea that there may be a connection between Jug and Greta's husband is definitely something new, but something that's not surprising. This is the way the world works. Most of the time, it's who you know, not what you know. If I were in the same situation, I would use the connections I had.

For those that might consider that there is something sinister going on between Greta and the Holloway/Twitty family, consider this. There may have been some nudging in the beginning to get the media frenzy going, but the reason it's still the top story (or close to the top) for Greta, Nancy, Larry King, and others is the viewership. Take a look at the ratings. Greta has been on the top of the cable news shows for two months now. Nancy Grace, as well as Larry King, have all seen huge jumps over these past two months. This is a no-brainer for TV producers. Natalee Holloway = ratings. That's the story. While it may not be fair for the system to work the way it does, it's life. Jug may have used his connections early on, but those connections only go so far. Fox, MSNBC, CNN, etc.. would never allow coverage to go on without the viewers.
  #1427  
Old Monday, August 22nd, 2005, 09:21 AM
kevin d's Avatar
kevin d kevin d is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: April 15th, 2004
Location: key west
Age: 57
Posts: 3,944
kevin d is on a distinguished road
Default Re: All Things Natalee Part II

Hound I agree with you - life is all about connections, networking, pulling strings, etc. Add money to that, and you've got yourself some serious resources to draw upon. I don't fault the Twittys for drawing upon every resource in their arsenal, and I also agree that it's the ratings that have kept the coverage at the level it is.
__________________
Everyone should believe in something - I believe I'll go fishing
  #1428  
Old Monday, August 22nd, 2005, 09:34 AM
Houndstooth Houndstooth is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: June 7th, 2005
Posts: 187
Houndstooth is on a distinguished road
Default Re: All Things Natalee Part II

Speaking on this idea that Beth and Jug have purchased a home on the island. This is also not surprising to me because Jug has made mention of the idea on several occasions. This also lends proof to the idea that the comps have run out, which is good. By the way, I don't know that there is proof that Beth and others are still receiving comps. It was mentioned early on that they were receiving free hotel rooms and meals, but I've seen nothing on this for several weeks. Anyway, my point is that if she is getting stuck with a $1000/week hotel bill, it would only be smart to purchase a home if you intend on staying a while longer.
  #1429  
Old Monday, August 22nd, 2005, 11:31 AM
BBold BBold is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: August 21st, 2005
Posts: 19
BBold is on a distinguished road
One Happy Island Re: All Things Natalee Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin d
Please be careful of what you post on our BB. You just did exactly what you're questioning of the other poster - you posted a rumor w/o any link or fact to back it up. We don't operate that way here, at least not any more. If they're all scientologists so be it, who are we to judge? I don't care if they're all Buddhists, religion is not our concern.
Sorry Kevin and all the Mods and posters my apologies.
I am extremely frustrated and venting but will be more careful in the future.
  #1430  
Old Monday, August 22nd, 2005, 11:37 AM
anngie anngie is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: August 4th, 2005
Posts: 27
anngie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: All Things Natalee Part II

Setting things straight: (I will remove the person's name who is asking the question)
From Fox Greta Wire today 8/22/2005

Greta,
The chat rooms are buzzing with the rumor about your husband having real estate dealings with George Twitty... please verify. If true, is it Jug or his Dad? Thanks in advance for your response.


ANSWER: In the last few days I have received a bunch of e-mails about this and ignored them since I figured just a silly rumor and when you are in the public eye, lots of rumors fly. You can't answer all of them and ignoring them is often the best idea. But after giving it some thought, I figured I should answer the question. The answer is no, my husband does not know anyone in the Twitty family and has no business dealings with any of them. (However he now teases me after I told him of the rumors and says he has to meet with his business partner Jug this week and will thus be out of town... so the rumors have now unleashed a comedian in my family. The joke is getting old.) I hope you pass this on so that we can put an end to this rumor.
P.S. I told Beth about the rumors, too and like my husband, she got a few laughs about how wild rumors can fly. She could use a few laughs... things are very tough for her.
  #1431  
Old Monday, August 22nd, 2005, 11:39 AM
BBold BBold is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: August 21st, 2005
Posts: 19
BBold is on a distinguished road
One Happy Island Re: All Things Natalee Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin d
It sounds like you resent that fact that she can afford to do the things that she's doing - are you saying that she shouldn't spend what she has, because others in her position couldn't afford to? If I was her and was wealthy, I wouldn't be in Bama - I'd be in Aruba just like she is.

Don't resent her for being wealthy, that's not the issue. And until we have some proof, let's not continue to claim that she bought a house in Aruba.

Lastly, don't look at me as a Beth fan, I'm just a fair-fight fan.
Heavens no I do not resent anyone's wealth, but my point was that if you get donations there cant be any hint of impropriety. I am not saying that there's anything improper I am making the point that why plead for donations from some who least can afford to give when and if they are wealthy in their own right.

Okay nuff said on the subject Kevin.....backing off now and backing away....

And PS looking forward to our visit in the Spring of 2006 to Aruba!
  #1432  
Old Monday, August 22nd, 2005, 12:13 PM
nelson from New York's Avatar
nelson from New York nelson from New York is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: June 20th, 2005
Location: NYC
Age: 57
Posts: 151
nelson from New York is on a distinguished road
Default Re: All Things Natalee Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by anngie
Setting things straight: (I will remove the person's name who is asking the question)
From Fox Greta Wire today 8/22/2005

Greta,
The chat rooms are buzzing with the rumor about your husband having real estate dealings with George Twitty... please verify. If true, is it Jug or his Dad? Thanks in advance for your response.


ANSWER: In the last few days I have received a bunch of e-mails about this and ignored them since I figured just a silly rumor and when you are in the public eye, lots of rumors fly. You can't answer all of them and ignoring them is often the best idea. But after giving it some thought, I figured I should answer the question. The answer is no, my husband does not know anyone in the Twitty family and has no business dealings with any of them. (However he now teases me after I told him of the rumors and says he has to meet with his business partner Jug this week and will thus be out of town... so the rumors have now unleashed a comedian in my family. The joke is getting old.) I hope you pass this on so that we can put an end to this rumor.
P.S. I told Beth about the rumors, too and like my husband, she got a few laughs about how wild rumors can fly. She could use a few laughs... things are very tough for her.
WELL I HOPE SHE GOT TO KNOW HOW IT FEELS WHEN YOU START A RUMOUR, THATS WHY ARUBA NOW IS IT THE POSITION ITS IN BECAUSE OF RUMOURS!!!
  #1433  
Old Monday, August 22nd, 2005, 12:22 PM
kevin d's Avatar
kevin d kevin d is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: April 15th, 2004
Location: key west
Age: 57
Posts: 3,944
kevin d is on a distinguished road
Default Re: All Things Natalee Part II

Point taken, and I agree that the even the smallest hint of impropriety would make me hesitate to give any donation.

You'll love the island - enjoy the next 6 months of planning, there's only one first trip!


Quote:
Originally Posted by BBold
Heavens no I do not resent anyone's wealth, but my point was that if you get donations there cant be any hint of impropriety. I am not saying that there's anything improper I am making the point that why plead for donations from some who least can afford to give when and if they are wealthy in their own right.

Okay nuff said on the subject Kevin.....backing off now and backing away....

And PS looking forward to our visit in the Spring of 2006 to Aruba!
__________________
Everyone should believe in something - I believe I'll go fishing
  #1434  
Old Monday, August 22nd, 2005, 12:43 PM
blenchi's Avatar
blenchi blenchi is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: June 10th, 2005
Posts: 897
blenchi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: All Things Natalee Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson from New York
WELL I HOPE SHE GOT TO KNOW HOW IT FEELS WHEN YOU START A RUMOUR, THATS WHY ARUBA NOW IS IT THE POSITION ITS IN BECAUSE OF RUMOURS!!!
That's what I wanted to post too. Well done Nelson.....
__________________
Money isn't everything but it sure keeps you in touch with the kids.
  #1435  
Old Monday, August 22nd, 2005, 12:52 PM
blenchi's Avatar
blenchi blenchi is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: June 10th, 2005
Posts: 897
blenchi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: All Things Natalee Part II

Quote:
ELLEN: Blenchi, I'm no lawyer, but I believe that in Aruba the statute of limitations for murder is 2-year (at least is what the lawyers being interviewed on TV say). On the internet, sources say that it is 18 years in Holland but I don't know if that automatically applies to Aruba, even if true of Holland:
Ellen I wrote a girlfriend of mine who has something to do with law. She explained me in dutch. So difficult to translate that law part in english. Maybe tonight when I am awake..... Sandra would understand it better cause she studied law. Sandra if you read this I can give her explanation to you.

What I can write down now and understand is that the 2 years is the policework investigation.
__________________
Money isn't everything but it sure keeps you in touch with the kids.
  #1436  
Old Monday, August 22nd, 2005, 01:07 PM
blenchi's Avatar
blenchi blenchi is offline
Aruba Expert
 
Join Date: June 10th, 2005
Posts: 897
blenchi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: All Things Natalee Part II

ok my friend tried. Here it is....I just copied and will paste it on here. Hope you understand. She made it simple for you all.


three kinds of llines of criminal law....national crimelaw, law in order of war, and "regular " criminal law"
And further, there is coming new rules about "the statute of limitations".

That will contain:
25 year for manslaugther and 30 year for murder.

In this state of waiting of admision of this new law bij state, still contains the old law of 18 year.
But But....
When the police have new material, that can be forensic but also tactical facts, but lets say bij example DNA material, than they can stop de term of limitation (in Dutch cold this 'Stuiten').

Also for Aruba counts the same rules.
The 2 year terms where you talking about, are the 2 year terms for de special task force for that crime where a team of detective is point out specialy for that case where it is about.
After two years when there is no progress in that specific case, the case will be "closed"and become a "Cold Case". Only when there is new effidence, like DNA material or otherwise, than the case will be opened and will get a term of limitation on this moment. Because of the preparation of the coming new rules for "the statute of limitation".
__________________
Money isn't everything but it sure keeps you in touch with the kids.
  #1437  
Old Monday, August 22nd, 2005, 01:09 PM
Ed of Me Ed of Me is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: June 12th, 2005
Posts: 235
Ed of Me is on a distinguished road
Default Re: All Things Natalee Part II

Aruba is in no different position than it was before this Holloway business. The hotels are full and businesses are prospering.



Donít kid yourself, this has not hurt Aruba. Those on these BB's seem to be the only ones interested.
  #1438  
Old Monday, August 22nd, 2005, 03:23 PM
Corrine's Avatar
Corrine Corrine is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: April 27th, 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 5,430
Corrine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: All Things Natalee Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBold
Sorry Kevin and all the Mods and posters my apologies.
I am extremely frustrated and venting but will be more careful in the future.

Thank you for your courtesy, BB! Things sometimes get too heated here! Glad you are going in the spring - happy planning and check out all our threads for lots of info!
__________________


  #1439  
Old Monday, August 22nd, 2005, 04:42 PM
charlierat's Avatar
charlierat charlierat is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: July 30th, 2005
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Age: 66
Posts: 2,516
charlierat is on a distinguished road
Default Re: All Things Natalee Part II

Not trying to rekindle a topic that was fairly thoroughly discussed a few hours ago but, within the last week or so, I hear Jug on local B'ham TV news say that he was looking into buying or leasing a condo or an apartment so, after the hotel comps run out, Beth will have a place to stay on Aruba while the search continues. (Or, actually, he may have said the hotel comps have already run out; therefore, the search for a more affordable place for Beth to stay.)

Now, ya'll know that I'm about the last person on this thread that will ever be mistaken for a fan of the Twitty's but that sounds reasonable to me.
__________________
Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  #1440  
Old Monday, August 22nd, 2005, 04:52 PM
kevin d's Avatar
kevin d kevin d is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: April 15th, 2004
Location: key west
Age: 57
Posts: 3,944
kevin d is on a distinguished road
Default Re: All Things Natalee Part II

It does sound reasonable and make sense. As much as she seems anti-Aruba, I wouldn't be surprised if they just lease instead of buy...



Quote:
Originally Posted by charlierat
Not trying to rekindle a topic that was fairly thoroughly discussed a few hours ago but, within the last week or so, I hear Jug on local B'ham TV news say that he was looking into buying or leasing a condo or an apartment so, after the hotel comps run out, Beth will have a place to stay on Aruba while the search continues. (Or, actually, he may have said the hotel comps have already run out; therefore, the search for a more affordable place for Beth to stay.)

Now, ya'll know that I'm about the last person on this thread that will ever be mistaken for a fan of the Twitty's but that sounds reasonable to me.
__________________
Everyone should believe in something - I believe I'll go fishing
  #1441  
Old Monday, August 22nd, 2005, 05:15 PM
Liz from N.J.'s Avatar
Liz from N.J. Liz from N.J. is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: April 26th, 2004
Location: East Brunswick, New Jersey
Posts: 1,734
Liz from N.J. is on a distinguished road
Default Re: All Things Natalee Part II

On todays MSNBC.com

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9041552/
  #1442  
Old Monday, August 22nd, 2005, 05:53 PM
kevin d's Avatar
kevin d kevin d is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: April 15th, 2004
Location: key west
Age: 57
Posts: 3,944
kevin d is on a distinguished road
Default Re: All Things Natalee Part II

Thanks Liz, very interesting reading. I was surprised by this statement though:

Quote:
Some local citizens tell me that fresh water, for example, is so expensive on the island that they bring it home from work to their families.
How can that be? I mean, the water from the tap is better than what we buy in bottles at Safeway, how could this be an issue?

Other than that, I thought it was a well written piece that pretty much describes the situation as well as can be expected.
__________________
Everyone should believe in something - I believe I'll go fishing
  #1443  
Old Monday, August 22nd, 2005, 05:57 PM
Ellen Ellen is offline
Member
 
Join Date: August 10th, 2005
Posts: 44
Ellen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: All Things Natalee Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by blenchi
ok my friend tried. Here it is....I just copied and will paste it on here. Hope you understand ....

In this state of waiting of admision of this new law bij state, still contains the old law of 18 year. But ... when the police have new material, that can be forensic but also tactical facts, but lets say bij example DNA material, than they can stop de term of limitation (in Dutch cold this 'Stuiten'). Also for Aruba counts the same rules.

The 2 year terms where you talking about, are the 2 year terms for de special task force for that crime where a team of detective is point out specialy for that case where it is about.

After two years when there is no progress in that specific case, the case will be "closed"and become a "Cold Case". Only when there is new effidence, like DNA material or otherwise, than the case will be opened and will get a term of limitation on this moment. Because of the preparation of the coming new rules for "the statute of limitation".
Actually this seems to agree with what I have read on the internet and also explains why Aruban lawyers keep talking about there only being 2 years for police to bring the case to trial.

Thanks

Last edited by Ellen; Monday, August 22nd, 2005 at 08:40 PM.
  #1444  
Old Monday, August 22nd, 2005, 06:00 PM
Ed of Me Ed of Me is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: June 12th, 2005
Posts: 235
Ed of Me is on a distinguished road
Default Re: All Things Natalee Part II

This story on MSNBC is just the same old thing with a new byline.



Why waste the money sending another reporter to the island? He is not going to learn anything that has not already been reported.



What next? Is Clark Kent going to report for the Daily Planet with all his super powers?



Maybe, Murray found something while looking for the Antilla. Maybe Murray is Superman of the deep, Can't wait for the next episode at next Saturdays Matinee.
  #1445  
Old Monday, August 22nd, 2005, 08:42 PM
nelson from New York's Avatar
nelson from New York nelson from New York is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: June 20th, 2005
Location: NYC
Age: 57
Posts: 151
nelson from New York is on a distinguished road
Default Re: All Things Natalee Part II

How nice to see on other websites how many people are coming forward with their Aruba experiences, I think the whole bashing thing will have only a positive reaction. Alot of people are now seeing the other side of the story and getting to their senses, its the Aruban cordiallity and perseverance and humble nature that really showed the world who and what they are all about.
  #1446  
Old Monday, August 22nd, 2005, 09:06 PM
charlierat's Avatar
charlierat charlierat is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: July 30th, 2005
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Age: 66
Posts: 2,516
charlierat is on a distinguished road
Default Re: All Things Natalee Part II

Thanks, Nelson.

I'm going to take your word for it and not go to the other websites to check it out for myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson from New York
How nice to see on other websites how many people are coming forward with their Aruba experiences, I think the whole bashing thing will have only a positive reaction. Alot of people are now seeing the other side of the story and getting to their senses, its the Aruban cordiallity and perseverance and humble nature that really showed the world who and what they are all about.
"Grandeza di bo puebla ta
su gran cordialidad."

"The greatness of our people
is their great cordiality."

-Aruba Dushi Tera
__________________
Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  #1447  
Old Monday, August 22nd, 2005, 09:12 PM
nelson from New York's Avatar
nelson from New York nelson from New York is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: June 20th, 2005
Location: NYC
Age: 57
Posts: 151
nelson from New York is on a distinguished road
Default Re: All Things Natalee Part II

Charlierat you can go to the www.aruba.com site which before it was just about bashing Aruba now the moral there had changed and alot more people are leaving nice comments of Aruba and not locals all Americans or other nationalities also.
  #1448  
Old Monday, August 22nd, 2005, 09:18 PM
nelson from New York's Avatar
nelson from New York nelson from New York is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: June 20th, 2005
Location: NYC
Age: 57
Posts: 151
nelson from New York is on a distinguished road
Default Re: All Things Natalee Part II

Hi Charlierat are you Aruban?
  #1449  
Old Monday, August 22nd, 2005, 09:24 PM
charlierat's Avatar
charlierat charlierat is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: July 30th, 2005
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Age: 66
Posts: 2,516
charlierat is on a distinguished road
Default Re: All Things Natalee Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson from New York
Hi Charlierat are you Aruban?
Yes! (I've kinda already covered my autobiographical sketch but, real briefly, my parents are both Americans that moved to Aruba in 1952 so my father could work in the refinery. I was born on Aruba in 1956 and lived there until my father retired in 1972.)
__________________
Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  #1450  
Old Monday, August 22nd, 2005, 09:33 PM
charlierat's Avatar
charlierat charlierat is offline
Almost Aruban
 
Join Date: July 30th, 2005
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Age: 66
Posts: 2,516
charlierat is on a distinguished road
Default Re: All Things Natalee Part II

By the way, Ed. This is good stuff. Have you considered contributing to the saga of the queen and her consort?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed of Me


What next? Is Clark Kent going to report for the Daily Planet with all his super powers?



Maybe, Murray found something while looking for the Antilla. Maybe Murray is Superman of the deep, Can't wait for the next episode at next Saturdays Matinee.
__________________
Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
all things natalee III dwippies Aruba in General 478 Monday, September 12th, 2005 05:38 PM
All Things Natalee kevin d Aruba in General 1222 Thursday, August 4th, 2005 07:40 AM
An attempt to lighten things up Part 2... donnie Aruba in General 95 Monday, June 13th, 2005 01:48 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright ©2006 -2011 - CaribMedia.com